Manager Disabilities and Mental Health HS 8/18/2016
Child Care Resource Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Posting
Manager, Disabilities & Mental Health
Want to work for a non-profit agency which believes in team work, having fun and achieving success* If so, CCRC could be the right place for you!
You could play a key role supporting our children and families through you re leadership of the Head Start Disability and Mental Health program areas.
General Summary: Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Disabilities/Mental Health Manager will have oversight of the Head Start Disability and Mental Health program areas and facilitate the identification, assessment, curriculum development, staff development, program evaluation, and provide interpretation of Federal and State regulations and policies.
Successful candidates will need the following:
Bachelor's Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, and Human Development with an emphasis in Special Education, Family Consumer Sciences or related field preferred.
Three years appropriate experience, preferably to include direct experience in working with preschool age children; one year of which must have been in a supervisory position.
A Master s Degree in the above listed areas may substitute for one year of the required experience.
Knowledge of IDEA and related legislation pertaining to special needs.
Knowledge of management and supervisory techniques.
Knowledge of budget monitoring and projection.
Ability to establish professional working relationships.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Ability to motivate employees, establishes priorities, and organizes work accordingly.
Ability to converse, write, and/or translate in Spanish preferred.
Valid California Driver s License, reliable vehicle, automobile insurance, and clean DMV record required.
Criminal Records (e.g. Live Scan Fingerprinting), Child Abuse Index Check, Sexual Offender Registry, Health and Tuberculosis (TB) test clearances required.
You will have the opportunity to:
* Plan and implement procedures for the identification and implementation of services with children identified to have special needs. In collaboration with the LEA and Regional Center coordinate interrelated activities and services for children and families. Develop and implement partnership agreements within the local community. Work with LEA and other community resources to ensure the recruitment and enrollment of children with disabilities.
* Oversight of Mental Health services and referrals for children, staff and families as recorded and maintained in a referral log. Oversight and collaborate with Mental Health service area to ensure area is meeting requirements, performing job task and functions.
* Participate in Mental Health Consultant meetings as required and needed for program. Attend and participate in Multidisciplinary Team Meetings as needed. Attend internal/external meetings as directed and needed for program. Work closely with the Service Areas Managers to provide integrated services.
* Supervise, train and evaluate the Mental Health and Disability Specialists and Mental Health Coordinator. Establish effective lines of communication with all staff in order to facilitate coordination and efficient flow of information. Model and act as an advocate to ensure services for children with disabilities.
* Evaluate and update current procedures and policies as needed for program. Purchase and assess equipment, materials and supplies for centers as needed. Develop and implement in-service training.
* Promote agency service area goals and objectives. Design and participate in the annual Community Assessment and SDR. Plan, coordinate, and administer supervision of Area Plans in collaboration with all Head Start Managers, parents and stake holders. Promote and update agency policies and procedures as needed.
* Review reports, records and directives, and confer with supervisory staff to obtain data required for planning and implementing programs, such as activities required to meet performance standards including new funding source directives, and status of referrals in progress.
* Ensure that all Agency, State and Federal reports are accurate and timely. Monitor and track child plus inputting for program requirements.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.