Manager - Distributed Generation Business Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER - DISTRIBUTED GENERATION BUSINESS SUPPORT
JOB ID 20162473 DATE POSTED 09/07/2016 Description
Lead a team of support staff in the delivery of Distributed Generation services, in accordance with applicable regulatory tariffs and company standards. Work closely with internal stakeholders in developing and documenting policy and process improvements for this emerging customer segment. Manage a regional budget for internal resources and as needed, external vendors and consultants hired to support relevant programs and services in effort to meet customer, legislative and regulatory expectations.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Support DG team to deliver excellent customer and achieve compliance with all regulatory and legislative obligations.
* Develop and publish clear, concise, effective communications for various audiences, including executive, management, internal, external, regulator, community, web, and social media channels.
* Lead, motivate and develop a professional team, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and business objectives.
* Manage relevant technology process activities in order to achieve high productivity, low costs and efficient work practices and to ensure compliance with National Grid policies and procedures.
* Work with relevant business units, notably RCE, IT, Regulatory, Finance, and Audit to translate objectives into well-defined process outputs that meet business needs.
* Foster and maintain a close working relationship with local regulatory staff (NYS DPS, MA DPU, RI PUC). Ensure timely submittal of all annual reporting requirements (e.g. NYS SIR DG inventory, etc.). Support rate case activities and provide data request responses. Support the development of functions, resources, processes, and tools that will realize change required/desired.
* Monitor and control allocated human and material resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure relevant technology programs are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
* Challenge existing processes, policies and procedures and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies for the business and deliver the highest quality of customer service in a cost-effective manner.
* Translate functional policy into processes and procedures that drive greater efficiencies for National Grid and ensure compliance with all corporate environmental and safety requirements and goals and individual and group customer satisfaction goals.
* Bachelor of Science required; engineering or energy related technology, or business degree required
* Advanced Business Degree preferred
* 5 years experience in renewable energy industry, solar a plus.
* Strong customer management abilities including the ability to analyze and manage information systems and applications
* Good understanding of key business drivers and external commercial environment
* Experience of leading, inspiring and motivating an operational team.
* Proven influencing skills, able to influence at senior levels, internally and externally
* Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
* Extensive knowledge of corporate business support applications.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 7, 2016, 10:56:46 AM