Manager, EAB Research Account Management 8/10/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Manager, EAB Research Account Management
Sales, Marketing & Account Management (Non-Associate)
Share | |Email this job
EAB Research Account Management
Education Advisory Board
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
The Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with colleges and universities that are active members of the EAB s best practice research programs and performance technologies with the goal of securing the renewal of membership contracts. The Manager plays a critical role in crafting strategy on how to best serve this constituency and support our relationships with the larger executive team.
The Manager will be expected to become familiar with each of our higher education membership or performance technology programs in order to effectively communicate services and deliverables. In addition, this position creates a unique opportunity to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the major players in higher education and the issues that they face in the marketplace.
Our current opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
- Foster relationships with key decision makers and main points of contact at member colleges/universities and proactively manage these relationships throughout the year to optimize the value of the EAB research programs or performance technologies
- Determine the service plan which will drive the greatest value and greatest likelihood of renewal for each member organization. Establishing and executing specific initiatives outlined in member service plans
- Participate in monthly renewal meetings with senior leadership to identify renewal risks and cohort trends
- Secure annual renewal of membership contracts and corresponding service terms at a rate that meets or exceeds given performance goals: including renewal rates, price adherence
- Generate ideas for how to increase our renewal rate performance beyond the current goals
- Develop an understanding of budgeting and approval processes at member institutions in order to accurately track and project revenue
- Serve as the voice of the market for the broader EAB division. Monitoring and communicating member interests and 'hot topics' to the higher education research or performance technology teams on a regular and ongoing basis, as well as developing effective strategies for maintaining visibility of services and deliverables at member institutions
- As required, travel to member institutions to conduct new member orientations, participate in onsite presentations, and conduct key renewal decision conversations
- May serve as the direct manager for an Account Management Associate, who is responsible for day-to-day schedule management and provides administrative support to the Account Management team
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited College/University
- Proven record of success in current position
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years post undergrad experience in at least three of the following:
- Presentation experience
- Leadership experience
- Commercial experience
- Client Management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with senior executives
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Valid Driver s License
- Proven negotiation skills
- Demonstrated listening skills
- Experience managing multiple clients
- Proven ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities
- Experience finding multiple solutions to a complex problem
- Ability to successfully overcome challenges or obstacles
- Experience developing personal organization tactics to meet business goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of higher education subject matter
ABOUT EDUCATION ADVISORY BOARD
EAB is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,100+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.eab.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.