This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Auto Req ID
The Area EHS Manager reports to the Senior EHS Manager. The primary duties are to provide safety and environmental support in the implementation and management of EHS programs and policies directed to provide a safe and healthful atmosphere within the workplace, and to comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations. The EHS Manager directs the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the JLL EHS management systems at Client facilities in coordination with the Account EHS Manager. In this capacity, the EHS Manager is accountable to provide guidance and to implement EHS management systems and compliance programs related to JLL scope of work at the Client locations. The EHS Manager will support the JLL site team on EHS issues, evaluate potential hazardous situations, conduct accident investigations and environmental tests, provide training, conduct inspections and assessments, and ensure JLL is compliant with all EHS regulatory and Client requirements.
This individual will possess demonstrated communication and leadership skills and a proven track record of being able to influence and motivate core staff and contractors, resulting in sustained program and regulatory compliance.
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
* Provide support, leadership and direction in the development and implementation of EHS management systems and compliance programs.
* Partnering with internal and external providers, implement EHS programs and conducts related activities including training, inspections, and assessments.
* Develop EHS metrics and measure performance against key performance indicators. Works with internal and external providers to establish necessary plans to meet or exceed key performance indicators.
* Supports the implementation of EHS Committees suitable to the location needs.
* Implements the EHS qualification program to manage JLL service partners working at Client locations and under the JLL scope of work.
* Evaluates hazards on client sites for safety, health, and environmental risks. Communicates those hazards proactively to minimize impact to both individuals, and work plans.
* Develops health and safety procedures and programs for all Jones Lang LaSalle activities and monitors safety compliance to reduce risks.
* Direct development and maintenance of contingency plans, including fire prevention, and procedures for controlling hazardous spills in accordance with government regulation and insurance company requirements.
* Ensures maintenance of material safety data sheets so they are accessible at all times according to regulations and client requirements.
* Conducts and coordinate the JLL inspection program at the sites. Supports sites in developing and implementing inspection action plans.
* Identify training requirements and coordinates training sessions for emergency preparedness, confined spaces, electrical safety, machine guarding, fall protection, and forklift safety, and all other EHS training requirements.
* Establish record management and retention policy aligned with client program. Ensures EPA records of hazardous waste, air emission permitting, and water pollution discharge, as well as industrial health monitoring and records of employee hazard exposure according to OSHA regulations.
* Monitors professional literature and attends seminars to stay current with governmental compliance requirements.
* Plans, organizes, and coordinates all phases of safety compliance operations in coordination with the EHS Specialist
* Ensures EHS policies and procedures are developed, updated, implemented, and followed.
* Implements accident investigation and communication process including the identification of root causes. Implement effective training and tools necessary to ensure that reports on EHS incidents and performance are submitted on a timely basis, and that corrective actions are taken.
* Assists the JLL Site Director on projects related to areas of responsibility.
* Maintains liaison with client EHS organization to ensure that EHS problems are identified, solutions coordinated, etc.
* Internal: JLL Site Director, JLL Portfolio Leadership Team, CRM, Site Managers, JLL Risk Management
* Client: Portfolio EHS Liaison, Client EHS Team at locations
* External: EHS Related Regulatory Agencies, JLL Service Partners
* Bachelor's degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, or related subject. Advance degree or EHS related certification is a plus.
* At least, seven years of experience in the implementation and management of EHS programs and management systems preferably within manufacturing, warehousing and distribution. Experience managing subcontractors/vendors is highly desirable.
* Hands-on experience in the implementation of several of the occupational health components within an EHS program (hearing conservation, hazard communication, RPE, PPE, bloodborne pathogens, laboratory safety, IAQ, and air sampling).
* Excellent skills in written and oral communication, including delivering effective training.
* Computer skills with both word processing and database applications.
* Ability to drive and inspect both outdoor and indoor areas to observe compliance with established programs.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 41952 BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco,