This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 3/16/2017
The Estimating Manger will provide leadership to our estimating and proposal team in the regional office and assist the Director to develop improved processes. This will include the collection of estimating data for our various business lines and incorporating software and procedural solutions to provide consistency and confidence in the estimates and proposals generated. Be responsible for mentoring, supporting and developing professionals working on challenging multi discipline projects.
* Follow the standard of ethics and integrity that are laid down in company policy and ensure that company information and information entrusted to us by our clients is kept with the appropriate level of confidentiality.
* Represent the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
* Actively support the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values
* Monitor estimating activity and enforce the requirements of the Matrix Service Company Policy for Proposals and Contract Development
* Oversee proposal efforts with the estimating group, assign and manage employees, including monitoring the quality and accuracy and timeliness of their work.
* Quickly understand the scope of work of new proposals, and generate an order of magnitude budget. Coordinate who will attend bid meetings and walk downs. Determine the appropriate estimating method and resources required for the class of estimate needed.
* Review bid instructions and proposal specifications, drawings, technical data, necessary to estimate the work and ensure the estimating team is taking account of them.
* Provide guidance on how to overcome project document deficiencies, including scope clarifications, and identifying project risk and pricing it.
* Actively participate in leading the estimating effort on large estimates.
* Personally create high level budget estimates to assist clients in their FEL efforts.
* Review and incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour figures for estimates.
* Assist with the development of new processes and procedures to improve our estimating and proposal efforts.
* Work with Sales, Project Managers, Engineering, and management, as needed, in the preparation and final evaluation of bids.
* Ensure all documentation is maintained to support the estimate. This will include managing the hand over process to the operations group to ensure they become aware of all the project knowledge collected by the estimating team.
* Perform regular reviews of the estimating work being undertaken by the team, to ensure quality is generated by a continuous process not just a final review.
* Develop EPC estimates based on partial information, monitor the scope of the project to ensure that all trades have been coordinated and a complete project is being offered.
* Ensure that estimates are generated in a way that allows takeoffs and pricing to be traced directly back to a defining document.
* Prepare bridging documents demonstrating an understanding of how estimated costs have changed from previous estimates.
* Participate in constructability reviews and cost saving enhancement discussions.
* Provide guidance to ensure that estimates are generated at an appropriate level of detail and organized to meet the clients and Matrix s needs.