Manager, FERC Accounting and Reconciliations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER, FERC ACCOUNTING AND RECONCILIATIONS
JOB ID 20162989 DATE POSTED 09/05/2016 DescriptionABOUT THE POSITION:
Finance Operations, Manager, FERC Accounting and Reconciliations is responsible for managing the function by reviewing, verifying and reconciling accounts. Ensures accounting transactions are captured and identifies accounting discrepancies to produce accurate and credible financial information. Oversees processes for proper recording and allocation of expenses. Responsible for the maintenance and communication of the month / quarter close calendar and checklist. Reports to the Director, FERC Accounting and is responsible for the management of accounting and reconciliations.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Manages the reconciliation of accounts by reviewing discrepancies to produce accurate and credible data.
* Oversees the preparation of records and processes transactions and validate allocation to appropriate accounts for accurate and credible data.
* Supports month-end accounting close process to ensure timely, accurate and complete accrual of financial transactions.
* Responsible for completing month-end accounting activities to ensure timely filing and account for any variances.
* Review accounts and calculates financial adjustments and ensure proper account reconciliation.
* Responsible for following US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and SEC regulations.
* Manages the collection of documentation to ensure compliance with audits.
* Ensures maintenance of financial records for compliance with policies and procedures.
* Responsible for meeting financial filings and reporting deadlines.
* Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
* Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
* Ensures proper support to meet business requirements of financial and non-financial controls.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor s Degree, Master s Degree preferred.
* 7 years in Accounting with increasing responsibility.
* Knowledge of FERC accounting is preferred.
* Experience managing teams through performance reviews.
* Ability to manage reconciliations of AP and Payroll transactions.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and establish close processes.
* Background in utility service or similar industry accounting preferred.
* Proven experience in assessing close and reporting risks.
* Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Sep 5, 2016, 5:41:45 PM
:Oct 20, 2016, 11:59:00 PM