Manager, Facilities Safety and Security
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
City of Atlanta
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Expires: September 26, 2016
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The City of Atlanta pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the City's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full potential
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced
The Office of Enterprise Assets Management (OEAM) further requires commitment to the following values:
SERVICE is foremost when engaging with internal and external customers
EXECUTION of responsibilities occurs in a focused, timely, and effective manner
ACCOUNTABILITY for achieving results is embraced at all levels
General Description and Classification Standards
Develops and manages department security and safety programs, training and personnel management. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: establishing and maintaining regulations and procedures
for the department or organization;; and acting as liaison for the department and other City agencies.
Works under very general supervision. May work independently or with other skilled or semi-skilled workers with responsibility for completion of assigned tasks.
Essential Duties These are typical responsibilities for this position and should not be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. May perform other duties as assigned.
* Manages the security and safety areas for OEAM and develops and implements security/safety programs and training; develops and implements standard operating procedures and customized security plans.
* Performs risk analysis and recommends security solutions and develops security requirements.
* Participates in the execution of intrusion detection, monitoring, vulnerability assessments and penetration in studying; conducts the investigation and resolution of the security division incidents.
* Assists in the implementation of the necessary controls and procedures to cost effectively protect department's assets from international and inadvertent modifications, disclosure or destruction.
* Manages and coordinates the implementation of security products, services and tools according to the Environmental Protective Agency (EPA) and OSHA standards,
* Investigates incident reports and conducts security education and motivation training.
* Manages the activities involved in the design, preparation, delivery and needs assessment of safety training and development programs for OEAM.
* Creates operating plans, forecasts and reporting systems and manages the day to day operations.
* Establishes internal processes, interprets and applies organizational policies.
* Oversight of OEAM's safety and security programs for all general fund facilities. Includes a video integration center (VIC) for Municipal Court, and City Hall.
* Oversight of security guard and retired APD programs for various facilities.
* Oversight of OEAM's evacuation program, in the event of an emergency.
Uses independent judgment and discretion in managing subordinates including the handling of emergency situations, determining and deciding upon procedures to be implemented, setting priorities, maintaining standards and resolving problems.
Supervises and evaluates assigned staff, handling all employee concerns, directing work assignments, counseling and disciplining employees when necessary and completing employee performance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities This is a partial listing of necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job successfully. It is not an exhaustive list.
* Knowledge of related laws, safety requirements, and building operations for large multipurpose facilities. Knowledge of Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) standards preferred.
* Familiarity with programs such as Medisys (HVAC/temp control), Oracle, and Hansen preferred.
* Knowledge of building security standards, emergency protocols and operation of security equipment and video integration systems.
* Knowledge of fire alarm systems (monitoring, program and reporting).
* Knowledge of management, human resource management or personnel and financial practices, policies and procedures as necessary in the completion of daily responsibilities.
* Knowledge of safety and fire regulations for large multipurpose facilities. In-depth knowledge of OSHA codes and safety standards for new construction, and Fire Codes and regulations.
* Skill in effectively communicating and interacting with subordinates, management, employees and members of the general public.
* Knowledge of safety, occupational health and safety training methods, tools and best practices
* Knowledge of occupational health and safety and worker's compensation laws.
* Knowledge of department jobs, work environment and equipment required and used, department policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of OSHA codes and safety standards for new construction, ADA for interior and exterior renovation, and Fire Codes and regulations.
* Ability to write and communicate in a effective manner, when reporting incidents.
* All other safety and security duties as assigned by the director and/ or assistant directors.
Bachelor's degree in facilities management, business, construction or a related field. Three or more years of progressive experience in commercial facility management, preventative maintenance, safety and security.
Possession of a valid driver's license required; knowledge of tools and equipment used to perform assigned tasks required; specialized training in the maintenance of building structures and major building systems including pumps, motors, chillers and generator are preferred.
Licensures and Certifications
Valid Georgia driver's license. BOMA certification preferred.