Manager, Federal Financial Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Mc Lean, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG's Advisory Services Practice is a recognized leader in providing services crucial to the federal government's continuous and secure operations. Our professionals assist agencies in managing financial, informational, and operational risks, as well as provide performance improvement recommendations to improve agencies' efficiency. We are currently seeking a Manager to join our Federal Advisory practice based out of our Mclean, VA office.
- Support the review and analysis of financial information and other information for Property, Plant and Equipment (PP&E) based upon GAAP and Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) guidance, industry best practices, capitalization criteria, and other guidance
- Provide recommendations to improve internal controls, management, and reporting for PP&E materials, work-in-process, software, and capitalization of personal and real property
- Provide subject matter technical knowledge in financial management areas of financial reporting, internal controls, and/or financial business systems
- Manage a team of professionals delivering financial management advisory services to U.S. Federal government clients
- Manage across the project lifecycle including assisting with scope definition, business case development, vendor assessment, requirements gathering, functional and technical design, testing, training, and implementation phases
- Develop and sustain solid relationships with client personnel and identify opportunities to provide additional services
- Eight years of experience in government financial management, focusing on Federal financial reporting and/or auditing in accordance with Office of Management and Budget guidance, Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board standards, and Government Accountability Office Yellow Book
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related discipline from an accredited college/university; MBA or a relevant Master's degree from an accredited university, CPA, and/or CGFM or CDFM certifications preferred
- Experience in the preparation, review, and/or analysis of financial statements for U.S. Federal government entities
- Experience in internal controls, business process analysis, and business systems, and working knowledge of the United States Standard General Ledger and/or SAP experience preferred
- Strong understanding of business processes, project management methodologies, and leading practices
- U.S. citizenship required and the ability to obtain a U.S. Federal government security clearance within a reasonable period of time
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .