Manager, Federal Tax Accounting Methods & Credit Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Accounting Methods and Credit Services practice.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to conduct Research and Development (R&D) Tax Credit consulting services, including leading client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
- Assistance on federal tax consulting services, including section 199 domestic production activities deduction, accounting method assessments, design and implementation of projects related to revenue and expense recognition, capitalized items, fixed assets and inventories
- Communicate directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering
- Manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously, which include client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering and coordination of KPMG and client resources
- Assist with drafting opinion letters, responses to IRS inquiries, IRS Ruling requests and writing other technical memoranda
- Develop and sustain excellent client relationships and assist in business development effort
- Five years of experience in a public accounting firm or corporate taxation experience, including experience in Accounting Methods & Credit Services
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./LL.M. (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from commencement of employment)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to evaluate and articulate complex information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Access; experience performing internet research
- Ability to travel and work at client locations
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .