Manager, Field Operations 8/27/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Santa Fe Springs, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Summary of Position:
A successful Field Operations Manager will lead, mentor, and develop district exempt and non-exempt employees in their region. Ensuring that optimal district teams exist and that everyone in their region understands their goals and objectives is key for this position. The Field Operations Manager is also responsible for identifying, investigating, and evaluating new business opportunities and alliances that promote the organization's objectives. Developing strong consultative relationships with key users / owners and specifiers in order to ensure that FireMaster / Tyco is a preferred vendor is an important function.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and oversee operations for multiple district offices including P/L responsibility, budget, staffing, and operational structure.
* Develop district management/staff to achieve their goals, take on larger responsibilities, and ensure customers are satisfied.
* Work with company leadership to ensure that the organization and franchise operating model is adhered to in the region.
* Train, mentor and develop the franchisees in the region to achieve positive growth results.
* Manage the regional sales team to ensure awareness of upcoming projects, opportunities and/or changes in customer specifications in order to maximize chances of opportunity conversion.
* Create and maintain consultative client relationships and engage in retention selling to ensure continued long-term success and profitability of FireMaster.
* Provide on-site technical training to architects, consulting engineers, AHJs, end users / owners and key accounts.
* Explore and build partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances.
* Diagnose and respond to client needs, with written & verbal follow-up on all aspects of request.
* Provide timely and detailed documentation in advance and downstream of meetings and site visits, generally staying in touch with and disseminating critical information flow, as applicable.
* Conduct research and analysis of market / project opportunities consistent with FireMaster strategy.
* Evaluate market / project opportunities by engaging with clients & executing feasibility studies.
* Participate in strategic planning processes with Director of Suppression and/or the senior management team.
* Implement business plans and initiatives in coordination with other business functions.
* Attend trade shows and industry conferences for educational and customer-oriented purposes.
* Other duties as required.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or Engineering is required. Master's degree in Marketing, Business or related discipline preferred.
Experience and Skills Required:
This role requires a minimum of 8 years management experience in business development, marketing or sales in the Fire Protection Industry (preferably pre-engineered systems, extinguishers, and emergency lighting).
A strong background in reading and understanding financial statements and setting goals to meet financial targets is preferred.
Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment, and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals.
Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning required.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.