Manager - Financial Accounting & Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONManager - Financial Accounting & Reporting
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
* Deliver timely and accurate U.S. GAAP general ledger data and ensure financial and regulatory compliance for North America
* Provide leadership and performance management to a team of approximately five accountants by communicating performance expectations, providing feedback and assessing development needs
* Manage the outsourced partner (team of approximately 10 accountants) to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of general ledger accounting within the scope of the Financial Reporting team and maintain agreed service levels of performance. Collaborate with the outsourced partner to drive process improvements and address service deficiencies.
* Act as a source of expertise for accounting processes, Corporate Financial Instructions (CFIs) and U.S. GAAP matters while monitoring correct application within the region and outsourced partner
* Provide expertise and leadership to execute various accounting initiatives including, but not limited to, system implementations, CFI changes, and U.S. GAAP changes
* Provide a source of internal control expertise to this and other accounting organizations and processes within Global Business Services, and drive a strong internal control culture within the organization
* Develop, articulate and implement clear strategies to improve general ledger accounting processes to achieve a tangible level of efficiency gain year over year, enabling expansion of services and reduction of K-C costs by bringing more work into Global Business Services
* Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. Key customers include the Corporate Controller's Office, Corporate tax, Risk Management, Legal and Corporate Treasury.
* The incumbent will be based in the Knoxville office with recurring travel across North America to meet clients and occasional international travel to meet with outsourced services provider
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting or finance
* CPA certificate is preferred
* 8-10 years of experience in Accounting, Control and/or Reporting functions, preferably with a portion of that set in a multinational context
* Collaborative, with a focus on cross cultural effectiveness
* Innovative, with a focus on implementing game changing process improvements
* Proven ability to inspire teammates and command respect
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Basic knowledge of U.S. GAAP
* Strong knowledge of a major ERP system, preferably SAP R3
* Strong knowledge of internal control principles
* Orientation to strict deadlines
* Strong communication skills
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-TN-Knoxville
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time