Manager Financial Analysis I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 2/17/2017
Job Summary (includes but is not limited to the following, other duties may be assigned):
Responsible for complex financial analysis to identify risks and opportunities; provides periodic reports to management and makes recommendations about financial implications of proposed activities; may be responsible for one or more of the following: financial valuation of capital allocation alternatives such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, capital distributions, debt issuance, refinancing or repayments. Also, responsible for developing cost of capital estimations, as well as the development and improvement of financial tools required to perform appropriate financial analysis.
May also lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of financial professionals to ensure financial projects are conducted credibly and that recommendations and reports are accurate and timely.
This position typically reports to the Director.
* Comprehensive knowledge of financial analysis and asset valuation related to mergers, acquisitions, and development of new investments.
* Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience in one or more of the following: financial analysis, economic forecasting/modeling, and strong foundations of finance theory
* Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging technical experience to resolve complex issues
* May accomplish work through others and may manage a specific processes related to the financial analysis efforts
* High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
* Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
* May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
* Individual will work independently with limited oversight, receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals.
* Works on complex issues and projects.
* Uses discretion and independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors; independently selects methods, techniques, and analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
* Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
* Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates work of professionals and others outside of department.
* May also be responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels.
* Must have a thorough understanding of energy industry, strong finance theory and valuation/modeling skills.
* Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
* Master s Degree in Finance, MBA with concentration in finance, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm