Manager - Financial Compliance 8/10/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Solves complex problems related to financial compliance. Takes a broad perspective to assess risk and identify innovative solutions. Works independently with guidance in only the most complex situations. Represents the organization as a key financial compliance contact on internal controls and impact on various projects.
The Manager of Financial Compliance will play a key role in the coordination of documentation, testing and any necessary remediation of internal controls under Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) and in coordination with three SSAE 16 SOC 1 Type II reports issued annually. Additionally, this position will:
* Manage a team that will coordinate with business process owners semi-annually to provide updates to process narratives and flowcharts.
* Interface with internal and external auditors to coordinate timing of testing of internal controls for both SOX and SOC 1 reporting
* Provide on-going monitoring of escalation items and potential control deficiencies related to SOX and SOC 1 reporting
* Collaborate directly with business owners, including senior level management, in process improvement initiatives and remediation of internal control deficiencies.
* Perform walk throughs of new controls, processes or changes to existing processes to confirm effective design of internal controls prior to testing by auditors.
* Bachelor s degree
* CPA preferred
* 5 8 years relevant experience
* 3-4 years Public Accounting experience preferred
* Expert level PC skills including Microsoft Office, Access and Excel
* Excellent problem solving, analytical; and Project Management/organizational skills
* Strong aptitude for quantitative problem solving
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work cross functionally to resolve complex issues
* Ability to manage multiple timelines and meet tight deadlines
* LI - HL1
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.