Manager Financial Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRJ Byrd is currently conducting a search for a Manager of Financial Reporting.
This role will focus on SEC filing responsibilities and indirectly support some of the company's technical accounting initiatives. This person will be instrumental in the hiring and further build-out of the SEC department. The organization is a leader in its industry and also boasts a positive culture and work environment. This opportunity is open due to growth.
* Assist in preparing the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and other SEC required reporting
* Maintain investor relations calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, audit committee & BOD presentations, press release and 10-Q/K
* Assist with the coordination of quarterly earnings release
* Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
* Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues
* Assist in the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors
* Drafting management discussion and analysis for external reporting
* Maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements
* Support month end and year end closing
* Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team
* Participate in other projects as required
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting
* CPA required
* 5+ years of experience with an SEC filer in a public accounting firm and/or industry experience, with significant exposure to SEC and financial reporting
* Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required
* Excellent writing and communication skills
* Experience with Workiva a plus
* Familiarity with XBRL tagging and research
* Experience with stock based compensation plans a plus
* Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
* Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation