Manager, Financial Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONBioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Under the supervision of the Director of Financial Reporting, the Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for the preparation of all external financial statements and compliance reporting. The Manager supports the Director of Financial Reporting in remaining current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are released and assess the impact to the Company. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over the financial reporting process and the actual filings with SEC and other regulatory bodies if assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1 Prepares quarterly and annual financial reporting and financial statements in compliance with SEC and GAAP regulations.
2 Prepares other monthly reports as needed for debt compliance and internal management reporting.
3 Keeps current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are released and assists in assessing the impact to the Company of changing accounting practices.
4 Implements accounting policies, procedures and systems as required by working with others members of the accounting team, and ensures internal control procedures are adequate, properly documented and regularly reviewed. Establishes and enhances good accounting processes and controls.
5 Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual close processes including preparation of reconciliations, journal entries, and analysis as needed
6 Oversees documentation and testing of internal controls over the financial reporting process in connection with the SOX internal control requirements. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures and identify opportunities to enhance existing procedures to improve control, measurement and/or productivity.
7 Provides technical accounting and reporting assistance and guidance to all departments when needed.
8 Participates, as needed, in purchase accounting, integration of any acquisitions and establishes financial reporting processes for newly acquired companies
9 Prioritizes and handles multiple tasks and projects concurrently. Always meets filing deadlines.
10 Assists with preparation of financial press releases and the annual proxy statement as requested.
11 Updates quarterly reporting calendar, recognizing risks to the expected quality or timeliness of deliverables and is able to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks.
12 Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager. Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
13 Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring that internal controls are established and functioning to achieve the mission and objectives of their unit. Each employee within an area under the manager or supervisor's direction must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function.
14 Managers and supervisors must acknowledge that utilization of internal controls is an inherent part of a manager's responsibility, not a new or additional function, and assure that internal controls are supportive of and consistent with the operating mandate and philosophy of the Company.
15 Performs other duties as assigned.
* May be responsible for supervising 1-2 employees
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent degree, work experience and knowledge.
* Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is a requirement.
* Minimum two years with public company external financial reporting filing Forms 10-K and 10-Q with the SEC.
* Five to ten years in accounting with progressively increasing responsibilities including a foundation in public accounting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Strong technical knowledge of accounting principles and financial disclosure requirements and techniques, including a solid foundation of the financial statement close process.
* Experience with the preparation and presentation of financial statements under GAAP and SEC rules and reporting requirements and ability to do so accurately.
* Ability to research accounting issues and new pronouncements and document impact on Company and impact on financial reporting under GAAP
* Ability to recognize risks to the expected quality or timeliness of deliverables and ability to reprioritize and successfully manage through risks.
* Ability to design effective internal controls for financial reporting and execute and document financial reporting controls for Sarbanes-Oxley testing
* Ability to design changes to processes and procedures and lead employees through such changes in order to improve results, expand value of work and/or reduce costs on a continuous basis.
* Ability to work with a high level of initiative and adaptability within a changing environment.
* Ability to handle complaints and provide customer service to internal/external customers as appropriate.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong group presentation skills.
* Ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality.
* Highest level of integrity
* Dependence on and confidence in own abilities to get things done.
* Ability to work in a team and be sensitive to needs of others.
* Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
* Excellent level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office products and Lawson.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all employee levels and vendors.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Excellent analytical skills.
* Must have scheduling flexibility and be able to work overtime.
* Overnight travel by car and airplane on occasion.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned.
* Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees
* Ability to perform basic mathematica