Manager Food & Nutrition Services / Dietitian
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 26537-3726
Evenings (rotating weekends)
MUST BE A REGISTERED DIETITIAN
LICENSED IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA
Responsibilities of the Manager of Food & Nutrition/Dietitian:
* Monitors staff operations to ensure safe, quality, efficient food handling and preparation of menus, complying with HACCP and other regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
* Manages department or assigned units in collaborative fashion, working with dietitians and professional staff and supervising direct reports to assure menus and meals served conform to nutritional standards and department standards.
* Monitors quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff. Utilizes company approved computer tools for scheduling, payroll editing and overtime control, as assigned.
* Ensures patient care is provided in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, and regulatory, recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
* Monitors performance improvement activities to ensure compliance and address performance improvement opportunities.
* Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or anticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
* Manage the patient services/diet office clerks, overseeing delivery of patient meals (including patient menu and tray line), utilizing approved (Computrition) automated diet office software, ensuring high quality service delivered resulting patient satisfaction
* Represents the hospital in community outreach
* Bachelors degree in related field required.
* 3-5 years food service or related food service operations experience preferably in a healthcare environment to include food preparation, distribution, service, patient care and record maintenance. 2+ years supervisory experience.
* Registered dietitian (RD) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration; Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) by the Florida Board of Dietetics and Nutrition; candidates eligible for licensure may be hired with the understanding that licensure will be achieved within 90 days of hire, but temporary licensure is preferred.
* Serve-Safe Certification or equivalent as approved by state of Florida required, or must become certified within 90 days of employment.
* Computer experience with all aspects of food service to include but not limited to patient care, ordering, inventory, finance, menus, scheduling and diet office processes preferred. Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, and ability to follow verbal instructions.
Last Edited: 09/19/2016