Manager, Gas Accounting, US Finance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
MANAGER, GAS ACCOUNTING, US FINANCE
JOB ID 20162371 DATE POSTED 10/03/2016 DescriptionWith the demand for energy growing globally, it s a great time to be a part of this transformative industry. National Grid is at the forefront of this transformation and we want you to join us on our journey. We are looking for high performing individuals who take pride in the quality of their work and want to progress their careers at a large, multinational company. You will play an important role in solving some of the world's most critical energy and economic challenges. Your career development is our priority. Our career progression tools and programs will provide you with the relevant knowledge and applicable skills to succeed. By connecting you to learning and development opportunities, we work with you to develop your leadership, business and technical skills. Supporting you to help grow the business and drive current and future performance makes us a great team. Come be a part of our team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Finance Operations, Manager, Gas Accounting - NY manages accounting activities that support Gas accounting. Responsible for leading accurate and credible accounting statements, month-end close, general ledger and preparing data for financial reporting. Reports to the Controller - NY, Jurisdiction and manages the reconciliation, ledger review and credible accounting data for close processes.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Responsible for the management of accounting activities that support Gas accounting.
* Responsible for accurate and timely recording, processing of transactions to support budgeting and forecasting activities to drive performance.
* Reconciles, analyses and reviews ledger accounts ensuring accuracy and validity for close processes.
* Develops and manages Gas documentation according to policies and processes.
* Manages and reviews net income, balance sheet and variances against current and historical data.
* Responsible for creating and supporting the submission of mandatory filings and ensuring compliance with internal controls.
* Responsible for developing valuation models and methodology for structured contracts.
* Partners with Jurisdictions on variations or risks.
* Applies knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX and SEC requirements.
* Provides counsel to employees, manages third party consultants and contractors, and advises senior leaders as necessary.
* Builds and manages results-driven teams by taking a strategic and technical view of performance management by involving employees in planning, relationship building, decision-making, forecasting, and analysis processes.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS IS PREFERABLE:
* TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING.
* GENERAL ACCOUNTING.
* IDENTIFY PATTERNS AND TRENDS.
* UTILITY INDUSTRY ACCOUNTING.
* PROCESS CENTRIC OPERATIONS.
* US GAAP, SARBANES-OXLEY AND SEC REGULATIONS.
* PROCESS MANAGEMENT.
* MONTH-END CLOSE PROCESSES.
* RISK MITIGATION.
* Bachelor s Degree, Master s Degree (accounting or finance preferred).
* 7 years in accounting and with increasing responsibility.
* Demonstrated ability to drive month-end and filing close timelines.
* Background in utility service or similar industry accounting.
* Proven experience to assess financial risk.
* Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities.
* Excellent written / oral communication skills and follow-up.
* Ability to lead teams of Finance professionals
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE.WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE.NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Oct 3, 2016, 5:13:53 AM
:Nov 17, 2016, 11:59:00 PM