Manager, Government Pricing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONGovernment Pricing, Manager
EMD Serono is the biopharmaceutical division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, a global pharmaceutical and chemical group. We strive to create value and benefit patients by transforming medical science into breakthrough solutions in our core therapeutic areas of neurodegenerative diseases, fertility and metabolic endocrinology, as well as oncology and autoimmune/inflammatory diseases as emerging areas of expertise.
Mission of the department
To ensure the integrity of financial information and to actively pursue the achievement of financial objectives. Promote internal process improvement and provide high quality business and financial support to the Business. Actively safeguard the assets of the U.S. organization.
Purpose of the Role
The Government Pricing Manager with lead and support efforts behind the calculation, analysis and submission of statutory pricing associated with federal and state government programs. This role will be a key member on the Government Pricing team with many various responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
* Drive the end to end process from preparation through submission of government pricing ( GP ) calculations and other reporting requirements associated with federal and state programs, including but not limited to AMP, BP, ASP and NFAMP
* Analyze monthly, quarterly and annual calculations and prepare variance analytics to assist management s review and to provide answers to anticipated questions
* Ensure all calculations are prepared accurately and timely, and comply with both external regulations as well as internal policies and procedures
* Read and analyze contracts in effort to identify any potential GP impacts, such as the existence of bundle arrangements or potential BP-setting terms, and be able to articulate back to the business any GP concerns
* Provide meaningful analysis and guidance to the organization on issues relative to GP to enable the organization to make sound business decisions
* Assist with ASP and URA forecasting
* Collaborate cross-functionally in system testing, as needed
* Maintain clear logical records that serve as supporting documentation for the purpose of a clean audit trail
* Create and maintain compliance documents, such as policies and procedures, SOPs and working instructions
* Assist management in identifying, analyzing, and reducing GP compliance risks inherent in GP reporting, and in developing or enhancing existing controls to mitigate these risks
* Serve as a resource in responding to issues related to GP reporting; work with management to identify gaps in operational and/or system processes
* The scope of this position could/will continue to evolve/increase as new legislation, regulation, and/or oversight continues to occur at both the federal and state level
* Many various ad-hoc requests
Internally: Finance, Market Access & Customer Solutions, Legal, IT, Commercial Business Units
Externally: Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services, The Veterans Administrations, External GP Legal Counsel.
Education & Languages
* Bachelor s Degree
* Exposure to multiple areas of Government Pricing, Managed Markets and/or Finance
Professional Skills & Experience
* 5-8 years Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry experience
* 3+ years Government Pricing experience
* Thorough understanding of GP program regulations, including Medicaid, Medicare, Federal Supply Schedule, PHS/340B, and TRICARE
* In-depth knowledge of ASP; experience in the Oncology space desired
* Experience with a government pricing system; experience with Model N is preferred
* In-depth knowledge of Excel and a working knowledge of other MS Office
Personal Skills & Competencies
* Excellent analytical capabilities and attention to detail
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and to collaborate highly effective working relationships with key stakeholders
* Ability to self-start on projects and work independently
* Adapts to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change
* Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
ADA ESSENTIAL DUTIES (i.e., normal office duties; must be able to push, lift, pull up to 30 pounds; travel demands, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.