Manager, Governmental & Cost Accounting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity is a $1.1 billion business and are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of connectors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have over 5,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions into the defense, oils and gas, commercial aerospace, space and marine industries with a global customer base.
As part of the AD&M Finance team, you will be joining a group of over 60 professionals across the globe that are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together and continually improving. Additionally, the business unit is led by a strong leadership team that encourages growth and development of employees.
This position will lead the central costing process through coordinating costing policies and procedures consistently across AD&M plants on SAP, integrating new businesses into our processes, and improving upon the analytics to grow profits. Additionally, the position will lead the implementation of modified-Cost Accounting Standards (modified-CAS) to enable AD&M to successfully complete governmental audits performed by the DCAA. Lastly, the position will also support in reviews and audits performed by government agencies. This position will report to the Director, Operations Finance.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Leading centralized reporting, accounting, analysis and reconciliation of accounts related to inventory and provisions, cost of sales, manufacturing and purchase price variance (where applicable)
* Work with AD&M operational teams, including procurement, to identify cost savings opportunities through better purchasing patterns or reducing supply chain
* Develop periodic analysis (weekly, monthly) for AD&M management, including VP, Finance
* Perform daily cost releases, monthly interim cost changes and support of annual cost roll
* Understand Aerospace Defense & Marine standard costing and allocation methods to support decision making from gross margin and operating margin aspects
* Understand and document each regions costing methodologies and drive for consistency, and provide business process training and support, as needed
* Drive improvements to the cost estimation formats and business practices to drive for greater efficiency, accuracy and ease of decision making
* Assist in M&A integration efforts, primarily around understanding the acquiree s costing methodologies and how they are recorded in systems. This may also include SAP or another integrated ERP implementation
* Oversee and coordinate the implementation of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) developing sustainable processes and utilizing SAP to maintain accurate reporting
* Manage the organization s government contracting efforts subject to TINA/CAS, managing a dedicated direct report and coordinating support from various accountants/plant controllers
* Ensure cross-functional collaboration with contracts, product management, operations and legal teams on the expectation and timing of Government contract audits, reviews, and contract awards
Measures of Performance
* Understands different costing methodologies and how they can affect price
* Can prepare concise analysis of relevant information to facilitate decision making
* Weekly and monthly reporting done timely and accurately
* Understands business and can apply knowledge to costing, pricing, forecasting and budgeting
* Works well with all departments encourages exchange of information
* Organized and completes analysis and reports on time
Bachelors in accounting, finance or economics preferred. The candidate must have minimum 5 years experience in a public accounting (big 4 preferred) and/or business unit finance/accounting roles (manufacturing-based). The candidate must have strong analytical, written and oral skills. Candidate should also have a working knowledge of SAP and understand regulations around modified-CAS and application to comply with these standards.
AT TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.