Manager, Hardline Pricing
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
In this role, you will analyze various strategic questions utilizing unique large datasets. You will be expected to leverage state-of-the art data analysis tools and techniques, on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis, to prepare analytics, document models and automate processes which have a direct impact on a multi-billion dollar business. You will be responsible for setting up Pricing Strategy for three Business Units - Tools, Lawn & Garden and Seasonal & Outdoor Living.
* Design, implement and automate modeling and analysis procedures on existing and experimentally created data
* Increase pace and confidence of learning by combining state of the art technology and statistical methods; provide expertise and assistance in integrating advanced analytics into ongoing business processes.
* Develop data pulls, producing concise conclusions from raw data in a clean, well-structured and easily maintainable format
* Perform scheduled and ad-hoc data driven statistical analysis and projects, supporting existing processes
* Enhancements and defect resolution will be required on an ongoing basis
MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, CS, Econometrics or equivalent/related degreewith emphasis in quantitative methods preferred but BS or BA with experience will be considered.
* Experience in economics, statistics, or computer science
* Development experience with various technologies such as, but not limited to R, Stata, Matlab, Python, SQL, and Excel, and concise and clean analytic graphics
* Familiarity with version control, especially Git
* 1-3+ years prior data experience (cleaning raw data, coding analysis, and presenting results) either professionally or in an academic setting
* Experience in Hadoop-based tools (Mahout, Hive, Pig) a plus.
* Sound technical and analytical skills
* Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment, welcoming push back on conclusions and inferences
* Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work by tight deadlines
* Ability to perform thorough analysis of complex data, draw sound conclusions, and devise actionable strategiesEEO EMPLOYER