This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans and manages activities for multiple projects to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time frame by performing any combination of all essential duties and responsibilities.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the development of automotive embedded electronic control unit hardware and be the main technical interface with the customer during the development phase and production. The duties include leading the analog and digital circuit design through analysis and simulation, EMC design including the support for PCB layout, EMC test plan development, troubleshooting EMC anomalies, product specification negotiation, hardware-in-the-loop testing, overseeing the testing of prototypes, and following the development through to production. In addition, the position will be responsible for supporting the root cause analysis of modules returned by the customer during the development stage.
In addition to the technical attributes of the position, there are also leadership responsibilities. This includes leading and mentoring the efforts of engineers who are responsible for sub-project activities. The candidate will need to work directly with customer engineers, and team members, to negotiate some product requirements. The candidate will be responsible for working with customer engineers to ensure that program goals are met, schedules are maintained, and problems encountered during the development process are satisfactorily resolved. The candidate will need to work with, and lead, other project team members and design engineers, in resolving issues related to the design of the electronic hardware. The candidate will occasionally need to travel to multiple global locations to support project development
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor or masters degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering,
- Have a minimum of 6-10 years applicable experience in automotive ECU development,
- Have the ability to lead and mentor lesser experienced engineers,
- Have experience interfacing with customers,
- Have experience creating DFMEAs, Validation Plans, EMC test plans, etc.
- Have experience creating WCA (Mathcad) and working with PSPICE
- Be able to coordinate program activities with team members at remote sites
- Have embedded H/W design experience for automotive applications,
- Design experience with Freescale micro controllers is preferred,
- Have experience coordinating and facilitating several small projects and/or one major project.
Additionally, the ability to work independently with minimal direction is required as are strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience with PCs and application software, such as MS Office tools and Lotus Notes are also required.