Manager, Healthcare Solutions and Analytics 9/3/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
THE SOLUTION MANAGER ENSURES ASSET MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING SOLUTIONS ARE MARKET FOCUSED, WORKING WITH CUSTOMERS AND ALL AREAS OF THE COMPANY TO DEFINE AND DEVELOP NEW SOLUTION IDEAS, ENHANCEMENTS TO EXISTING SOLUTIONS AND SOLUTION ROADMAPS.
THE SOLUTION MANAGER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ESTABLISHING AND MAINTAINING STANLEY HEALTHCARE S POSITION AS THE MARKET LEADER IN THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY FOR HIS/HER SPECIFIC DOMAIN. THE ROLE REQUIRES A STRONG CROSS-FUNCTIONAL LEADER WORKING COLLABORATIVELY AND SUPPORTING CORPORATE MARKETING, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, ENGINEERING, SALES AND GLOBAL CHANNEL PARTNERS.
MANAGES ACTIVITIES IMPACTING THE ASSIGNED SOLUTION PORTFOLIO SUCH AS STRATEGIC PRODUCT PLANNING, CUSTOMER RESEARCH, COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS, BRANDING STRATEGY, PRICING, AND FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE.
THE POSITION IS STRATEGIC IN NATURE, FUTURE ORIENTED IN FOCUS, GLOBAL IN SCOPE, AND MARKET DRIVEN. THE COMPANY HAS SET AGGRESSIVE GROWTH TARGETS AND EFFECTIVENESS IN THIS POSITION RESULTS IN HEALTHY LONG-TERM GROWTH AND PROFITABILITY.
* Solution and Market Development
* Definition of specific solutions (enhancements to existing solutions and definition of new solutions), positioning and value proposition
* Provide detailed market requirements for the industry to the product management team
* Create in-depth documentation for vertical market solutions (solution descriptions, ROI analysis, white papers, articles, MRDs)
* Identify potential technological partnerships for integration and collaboration
* Strong analytical abilities and a solid understanding of the P&L to develop strategies and programs to drive increases in revenue and profits
* Manage and participate in beta programs, user groups, user forums and focus groups
* Manage/drive new solution introduction process and launch activities
* Asset Management and Environmental Monitoring Analytics solutions drive adoption rate, ongoing feedback and VOC on Analytics value and requirements, develop value model and ROI studies, lead prototyping exercises with customers
* Take part in relevant technology/domain forums and industry organizations to ensure STANLEY Healthcare is impacting future industry trends and perceived as a market leader
* Market Analysis
* Develop forecasts, analyze current volumes and predict future volumes and trends of the relevant solutions
* Competitive landscape analysis
* Monitor market acceptance of solutions
* Track and report on market development and competitor activities in the industry, and determine appropriate reactions
* Sales and Marketing Collaboration
* Develop sales tools along with Marketing (presentations, brochures, demos, white papers, case studies, etc.)
* Develop and manage solution pricing and pricing strategy
* Serve as a primary resource to the sales team to articulate the solution s vision and value proposition
* Serve as business analyst for key sales/partner accounts
* Provide support for RFP (Request for Proposal) process
* Communicate STANLEY Healthcare s capabilities and benefits to customers, channels and analysts in the industry, and differentiate STANLEY Healthcare from competitors
* Develop and manage along with Marketing vertical-specific campaigns and activities (webinars, direct mail and email, events, etc.)
* Participate in customer visits, sales calls, tradeshows and conferences
* At least 5 years of domain expertise in the healthcare industry and proven experience with hospital information systems and large healthcare management systems vendors
* Proven Product Marketing / Solution Management experience with RTLS solutions
* Strong business acumen required to deliver high impact projects to revenue and income goals
* Strong project management and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
* Able to be effective and achieve goals in an independent work environment
* Excellent writing and presentation skills
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Education: Engineering/technical background (MBA advantage)
* Familiarity with Wireless LAN (Wi-Fi), RFID, RTLS, location based technologies
* Familiarity with business intelligence and data visualization tools (Tableau advantage)
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.