Manager, Human Resources
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Emerald Performance Materials
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Manage day to day human resource activities for the Henry Plant, including administration of the Collective Bargaining Agreement according to its terms.
* Work with management on union relations matters. Interface and communicate with union leadership, including the Teamsters International Rep. Establish a positive labor relations relationship with the union. Answer grievances and help prepare for any arbitrations and negotiations. Maintain a grievance log and complete records of union relations matters. Recommend and assist in carrying out appropriate discipline or performance improvement programs.
* Communicate and administer Corporate HR policies, procedures, and programs, including legal requirements, in the areas of employee relations, union relations, employment and staffing, training, compensation, payroll, employee benefits, attendance and time off policies, etc.
* Stay current and maintain compliance with federal and state employment regulations. Seeks guidance from Corporate HR or legal counsel when necessary, including EEO/AAP filings (and charges), FMLA, other Department of Labor requirements, INS regulations, union matters, etc. Work closely with business and plant management to establish and maintain a positive working environment. Encourage and facilitate regular employee communications; assist with site functions and events.
* Provide HR guidance to the plant and business management including performance issues, organization issues and opportunities, and other matters related to the overall performance of the organization. Based on observation, needs, and professional experience, Recommend changes and improvements to Corporate HR for current HR programs and processes as well as new programs and processes.
* Collaborate with business management to complete the Performance Management process.
* Provide guidance and counsel to employees on HR policies, practices and procedures. Become a trusted resource for all employees and management. Enhance overall communication within the plant.
* Communicate and implement company-wide HR initiatives. Provide input to business management from a plant perspective during new program development and deployment. Facilitate company- wide programs such as benefits enrollment, surveys, wellness program, performance management, merit process, etc. Provide guidance to management and employees.
* Interface with HRIS to maintain accurate employee data.
* Submit, or insure the submission of payroll to corporate on a timely and accurate basis; maintain attendance records and other personnel records at the plant location.
* Maintain current organization charts; provide other employee related data as necessary to business and plant management.
* Track/manage workers comp, unemployment comp, including any required filings; interface with government agencies as necessary as representative of the company.
* Provide hourly and salary staffing for the Henry Plant. Interface with hiring managers/executives and appropriate staffing sources. Follow rules and guidelines for posting, applicant flow, etc. Organize and provide for the appropriate onboarding and training of new employees.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
* Bachelor degree required; business or an HR related major preferred. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or HRCI Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
* Some labor relations experience required;
* Minimum of 7 years of Human Resource professional experience required, preferably in a manufacturing environment; generalist experience preferred.
* Advanced knowledge of general HR principles and procedures and employment laws and regulations.
* Strong PC skills (especially Office Word and Excel) and experience; experience with payroll and HRIS required (UltiPro and Kronos experience a plus).
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to coach and counsel with all levels of the organization; effective team building skills. Must be able to present ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
* Maintain appropriate level of confidentiality under all circumstances.
* Ability to exercise sound judgment, effectively deal with ambiguity, and manage many situations simultaneously.
* High level of integrity and ethics.
* Self-motivated, high energy, and enthusiastic.