Manager I, Regional Sales - Neuromodulation - New England Region Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-MA-Boston
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a); US-CT-Hartford
REQUISITION ID: 289473
An Exciting Opportunity
Chronic pain affects more than 100 million Americans. Our mission-our passion and purpose-is to help these people with a cutting-edge technology called Neuromodulation: the use of implanted electrical devices to help relieve pain. If you share our passion to truly make a difference, please join us. At Boston Scientific Neuromodulation, you'll have the opportunity to improve people's lives by: being responsible for the daily supervision and development of the field sales force. Responsible for sales and service to our customers within the region; and for the generation of revenue and gross profit for the company according to the quota as determined and assigned to the region.
- Responsible for carrying out company policy with sincerity and integrity. Oversee that company policy is followed by sales department.
- Responsible for attainment of sales objectives and increasing market share according to the quota set for your region. Ensure that region's sales and marketing objectives are met, that each sales person provides in-depth service to customers in accordance with marketing programs, and to achieve quota.
- Communicate regularly with staff, other regional managers and senior management regarding competitive activities and changes in the marketplace.
- Prepare sales forecasts.
- Oversee travel and expenses for regional sales team.
- Responsible for the hiring, development, and replacement of salespeople with the goal of maintaining the highest standards of the sales department, service, and professionalism. Drafts PDCs and performs mid-year and annual PDC reviews with team members.
- Facilitate regional and national training as needed. Supports facilitation of CORE training, advanced clinical and Sales Training and Emerging Leaders training. Facilitates and/or supports surgeon workshops using knowledge of current surgical techniques.
- Conduct regular field rides and provides timely feedback and coaching.
- Conduct regular business reviews with regional team members.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
- May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
- Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
- May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements). JOB SCOPE AND LEVELING GUIDELINES
Accomplishes results through lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees who exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments. Monitors progress toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Often heads a centralized functional activity.
Works under minimal supervision. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Provides direction and guidance to lower level subordinate supervisors or through experienced professional employees. Acts as an adviser to subordinates and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Evaluates performance of and assists in career development planning for subordinates.
Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Must have a complete understanding of functional specialty and industry practices, techniques, and standards. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as an advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements. May have budget responsibilities.
Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications to operating policies. Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments.
OPERATIONS INVOLVEMENT/DIRECT WORK INVOLVEMENT
Functions as an advisor to a unit regarding tasks, projects, and operations. Investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the assigned unit. Becomes actively involved in daily operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve complex problems.
Manages projects of small to moderate scope including schedules, scope, costs and resources. May participate in cross-function teams.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
Creates immediate to mid-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management. Schedules human and material resources within a group or section in conjunction with plans to ensure their availability; carries out operations within an established budget.
Assignments are expressed in the form of tasks and objectives; generally makes day-to-day decisions within established guidelines regarding work processes or schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management. Ensures that projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to complete assignments would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects resulting in considerable expenditure of additional time, human resources, and funds.
INFLUENCE AND LEADERSHIP
Promotes the attainment of group goals by selecting, motivating, and training capable staff. Provides leadership to assigned units by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving group objectives.
Frequently interacts with subordinate supervisors, functional peer groups and/or customers. Interacts with various management levels concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects or contracts. Conducts briefings and participates in technical meetings for internal and external representatives concerning specific projects, operations or schedules. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others.
5 years experience in aggressive commission sales role
Must be available to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
Excellent written and verbal communication
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-MA-Boston||(n/a); US-CT-Hartford||Field Sales||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Law, Regional Manager, Electrical, Marketing Manager, Manager, Legal,