Manager, IT, Applications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Santa Ana, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONFirst American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE s 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2016. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
* Manages and leads a team of analysts that maintains data for title and closing rate/fee calculations. Acts as a strategic business partner, liaison between the user community, and technical applications development staff (may include offshore staff). Follows system problems to resolution to ensure customer processes run smoothly. Documents rate rule requirements, business processes, project status, etc..
* Ensures that the team efficiently and accurately interprets a variety of fee data, organizes, documents and completes data entry and data retrieval tasks.
* Establishes process, procedures and a governance model for rate maintenance activities.
* Holds the team accountable for timeliness and quality standards in regards to the management of configuration rules for all premiums and fees related to title insurance in a business rules management system.
* Partners with Product Management, Underwriting, and all necessary parties informed of issues affecting deadlines and/or data quality.
* Communicates with State Points of Contact and business users to discuss requirements and problems and inform them of status.
* Ensures that appropriate documentation is created and maintained for all Rate Maintenance activities.
* Implement the coordination/oversight of peer review of accuracy and completeness
* Responsible for ensuring that the team performs UAT testing duties as required during normal release cycles and client integrations/special projects
* Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company polices.
* Participates in critical day to day issues and resolution of complex issues.
* Excellent communications skills are essential, with a strong customer-service orientation.
* Excellent organizational and communication skills.
* People management skills and experience in supervisory role
* Ability to lead and maintain effective working relationships
* Ability to delegate, prioritize tasks and multi-task throughout the course of the day
* Ability to troubleshoot data entry and retrieval tasks and reports for accuracy, to identify problems and track-down corrections as necessary
* Identifies problems, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for issues that arise
* Ability to teach others through both just in time answers to questions, and in more formal workshop settings.
* Understanding of BRMS (Business Rules Management Software) tools.
* Strong understanding of Title Insurance and Escrow Rates and Fees.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 5+ years of directly related experience.