Manager, Financial Controller
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONTitle: Manager - Digital IT Financial Controller for Americas Zone
Reports to: Zone IT Financial Controller
Location: New York, NY
This position is primarily accountable for owning & executing responsibilities associated with the continued development, implementation, and propagation of IT Financial Management for Digital IT in the Americas Zone. The Manager will prepare Digital IT Trend & Budget cycle and submit the budgets to Corporate Finance. They will monitor and analyze Digital IT actual spending activity relative to budgets & trends. The manager will work with IT Budget Owners to prepare future year capital project requests and monitor and report on the status of current year IT capital expense & operating expense projects. They will be responsible for maintaining proper project business case preparation and holding project managers accountable for updating PPM tools. They will ensure Digital IT follows all financial policies and norms throughout budget process. Create/update budget and trend documentation for presentation to CFO, CIO, Division Presidents and other senior management. On occasion, the Manager will present the Digital IT Budget to the CMO, Head of B2C and PMO for the Americas Zone as well as serve as one of the primary contacts with IT Budget Owners, Division Finance, L Or al Brands and Corporate Finance personnel concerning all Digital IT financial activity.
* Advocate for the value of IT, communicate effectively all IT spending, understand the impact to Divisions and brands.
* Drive L Oreal Group Financial Norms compliance IT Budget Process and project planning management & process Compliance, implement industry best practices.
* Communicate capital & operating expense instructions and templates to budget owners.
* Set up Financial Planning tool (Compass) for each budget/ trend cycle, use SAP in a Financial Controller capacity.
* Review Digital IT budget with Digital leads, analyze monthly variance, report and communicate variance.
* Update project depreciation and YTD spending for IT departments, prepare spending models for IT projects.
* Prepare brand level allocation variance explanations, review Budget Cycle results with brand finance.
* Proactively update Financial documentation and project business cases for IT projects.
* Develop and maintain IT Financial allocation methodology in accordance with industry and L Oreal Group best practices.
* Coordinate month end/ year-end financial closing, report on any variances, responsible for ensuring delivery of planned spending.
* Prepare and drive solutions to all Digital IT Budget issues, partner with the business in delivering financial results.
* Development of metrics / dashboards that enable Digital IT Leaders to clearly measure IT effectiveness, budgetary trends and financial Project status.
* Track and help manage IT Project Capital spend and project status, update necessary reports and dashboards.
* Bachelor's degree required
* MBA preferred concentration in finance/accounting
* 3-5 years experience
* Excellent computer skills in Excel and Word
* Excellent verbal and written skills
* Financial reporting experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.