Supervisor IT Support Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Laureate Education, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Manager, Global IT Support Services directs and serves as mentor to technicians providing technical support to employees and authorized users of Laureate GPS and Corporate computer networks, software, applications, hardware and associated peripherals. The position serves in a supervisory role within the Frontline Global IT Services Team and contributes toward the reliability and effectiveness of the office technology, enterprise software and integration of IT technologies within the corporate and campus environments while ensuring an exceptional customer service experience to meet the strategic and tactical goals of Laureate. Position may require duties outside of normal business hours. This role serves customers within a global multicultural environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides leadership to direct reports and support business stakeholders
* Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments and setting priorities
* Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and monitoring of metrics
* Maintains records and prepares reports in support of operational and support activities
* Evaluates, reviews and approves requests for information systems hardware, software and services in coordination with corporate and divisional sponsors
* Establishes & monitors projects, priorities, objectives, procedures, and service targets and allocates resources based on business needs
* Maintains close alignment and coordination with operational hubs in the US, Europe and Asia.
* Maintains vendor relationships various supplier partners
* Validates invoices & charges against IT equipment or service orders
* Meets with business stakeholders regularly and communicates IT needs to senior leadership
* Manages routine tasks related to the overall operation of the helpdesk and customer support including, but not limited to:
* Communicate and document issues as they pertain to essential support services
* Monitor assigned and open tickets to seek prompt resolutions
* Reviews of open tickets for updates and resolutions on a daily basis
* Document, execute, and resolve customer issues to meet SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
* Perform ticket escalations following proper protocol and communications paths
* Assigns resources to resolve reported problems within stated Service Level Agreements
* Compliance, including Audit and SOX policies
* Provides support for Microsoft Office Cloud products, Windows and Mac operating systems, network connectivity and enterprise applications
* Performs application administration to on-board new-hires and carry out terminations in compliance of Laureate security guidelines
* Communicates System Incidents and Planned Maintenance to appropriate user groups
* Performs workstation support functions related to the technical support of employees and authorized users of the network and resources. Includes workstation configuration, installations and system update maintenance
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
* May require alternative schedules and/or shift work.
Manages 1st and 2nd Tier Technical Support Analysts across multiple locations
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Global IT Support Services
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Typically, this position requires a degree in Information Technology and a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated employment experience in a related industry.
* Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems and recommend or implement appropriate solutions.
* Ability to work within a Global organization with multicultural values and matrixed management.
* Ability to lead and inspire a team and manage the expectations of a business unit.
* Thorough knowledge of advanced concepts and basic operating principles of Information Technology in a business environment.
* Ability to recognize and respond quickly to critical matters
* Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to prioritize tasks
* Ability to troubleshoot applications and hardware in a methodical and rational manner
* Ability to think logically and abstractly
* Ability to quickly learn new technical concepts, ideas, and theories
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.