Manager Inflight Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Expectations
Manager Corporate Communications - Inflight
The Manager is responsible for creating, implementing and managing strategic internal communication plans, messages, positioning efforts and programs that support divisional and corporate objectives. The Manager is also responsible for strategic planning and execution related to all Crewmember communication channels and is excited to work as an integral crewmember of a 24/7 operation. This position reports to the General Manager, Corporate Communications.
* Provides support and strategic communication guidance to the Vice President Inflight and the Inflight Leadership team on internal corporate communication needs.
* Utilizes expertise in internal communications to provide advice and guidance regarding communication strategy and dissemination of information to Crewmembers to include plans focused on preserving the Direct Relationship.
* Develops, launches, and manages internal communications programs and publications that improve communications to Crewmembers throughout the organization
* Initiates and leads efforts that support the Inflight strategy to create engaged and productive Crewmembers working with leadership to drive organization results
* Effectively coordinates and integrates programs with Corporate Communications and across the organization to ensure consistency of message and the alignment of strategic direction
* Oversees and promotes the organization s Intranet as a strategic communication vehicle and consistently looks for new and emerging methods of reaching a dispersed workforce.
* Serves as Inflight resource to other departments for internal and external communications needs
* Collaborate with and assist in representing JetBlue s interests with PR Agency peers and Legal resources as needed on crisis communication issues
* Assist in identifying and executing integrated storytelling and content development opportunities for Inflight for both internal and external audiences as part of a team focused on achieving best results from every communications opportunity
* Take a significant role in the development of Crewmembers to support engagement, growth, goal achievement
* Assist in crisis communication, after-hours media relations, and other communications responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager and Director of Corporate Communications
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in a related field of study
* Five (5) years of Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or relevant experience
* Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
* Excellent editing skills and the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
* Excellent ability to lead and motivate a team to meet department objectives
* Excellent ability to manage diverse responsibilities while adhering to tight deadlines
* Comfort interfacing with senior leadership
* Experience communicating to diverse and remote workforce
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, notably Word and PowerPoint
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Adept at working in a fast-paced environment
* Available for occasional overnight travel (15%)
* Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
Two (2) years of experience managing staff
Experience in communications related to change management
Mentor/coach leadership style
Ability to work in ambiguity
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun and Passion
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue s Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
Computer and other office equipment
Normal Office Environment
Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.