Manager, Information Technology - AV and Conference Systems 9/3/2016
Synovus Financial Corp.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Original Posting date:
Manager, Information Technology - AV and Conference Systems
Area of Interest:
Synovus Technology Center
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
Minimum Experience: 8 years of IT work experience including supervising team(s) responsible for software application and/or business unit support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Possesses a combination of business, behavioral, and technical leadership skills, the most important being an understanding of the customers' business needs, processes, and functions.
- Experience in supervising support operations for a multi-site environment, budget and expense management, and contract management.
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
Additional Job information:
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of multiple server operating systems (i.e., Microsoft Active Directory, Linux/Unix, etc.).
- Be profiecient in Cisco piont to point solutions, Tamberg, Polycom, BlueJeans, MS Skype for Business, Cisco Jaber, or other collaboration tools
- Knowledge of multiple network infrastructure software systems (i.e., Novell eDirectory, Netware, VMWare etc.).
- Working knowledge of performance monitors and debugger tools.
- Solid understanding of Cisco CUCM, Expressway, TelePresense Server, WebEx, TMS, TCS
- Ability to solve problems independently, quickly, and completely and to communicate them clearly to management.
- Solid A/V knowledge, understanding acoustics, display tuning, mic setup, etc
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to assist with network and application troubleshooting; provide technical consulting support.
Manager of A/V and Conference systems and team responsible for analyzing, developing, modifying, installing, testing, maintaining, and managing audio video / conference components, systems servers, and associated services. Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of an Audio Video/Conferencing System.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with users to gather business requirements, performa data analysis, to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various line of business (Business Partners).
Evaluate vendor supplied software packages and make recommendations to IT management; regarding optimization of software and hardware integration on the existing infrastructure.
Participate in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
Modify, install and prepare technical documentation for systems.
Diagnose, isolate and de-bug problems and perform problem resolution.
Monitor system capacity and performance, plan and execute disaster recovery procedures, and provide Tier 3 technical support.
Work on multiple products, activities and projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader. Work on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff.
Maintain an up-to-date knowledge base and understanding of system programming, graphical user interface, and control languages.
Provide technical direction and training to junior level team members.
May take lead or play a supporting role in various projects and planning. Provide leadership and direction to members of a department. Perform responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. May provide input on interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
Manage day to day activity of the team, to include, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, and resolving problems.
Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V/AA
Synovus is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.