Manager, Information Technology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
Group Health Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONWHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT GROUP HEALTH?
At Group Health, our mission is to enrich peoples lives by improving health. As a Group Health employee, your role is to deliver on that mission every day by living our valuesCustomer Focus, Accountability, Innovation, Excellence, and Integrity. You take initiative, set goals, and solve problems while collaborating with leaders and colleagues. Together we make a meaningful impact on our community.
In return, Group Health is committed to providing you competitive pay, excellent benefits, and an opportunity to make a difference each day as we strive to reach our vision to be the preferred health care partner by excelling in quality, service, and affordability.
The Enterprise Application and Services (EAS) team is responsible for corporate business applications and services across the enterprise, supporting HR, Finance, Supply Chain, IT, Enterprise Risk Compliance & Security, business functions as well as the shared Enterprise services and tools supporting Enterprise Content & Collaboration and Enterprise Integration Services.
* The Manager of Information Technology is a key member of the EAS team and will lead a group of experienced professionals working on ERP and other core business systems and technologies.
* This position will oversee projects and operational activities and ensures that the systems needed to support the mission, goals, and operations of Group Health are provided in a timely, accurate, creative, and cost-effective manner.
* The manager is expected to contribute to formulation and execution of the IT strategic plans and work to build a scalable, responsive organization to help improve the usability, efficacy and utility of systems, applications and process.
* The role will support creating and improving the enterprise architecture to bring the capabilities to market and to sunset applications to simplify our environment.
* The Manager will develop and present solutions and build relationships at the senior level across key business units and groups and must be able to explain complex technical and analytical concepts in and understandable terms while articulating their value.
* This leader influences others to gain alignment and movement toward common goals and ensures that common planning, management, and development constructs are used.
* The Manager will coordinate solutions and services with internal and external business requirements and environments, develop processes and guidelines, help define technology strategies, and roadmaps, standardize processes, inform senior management regarding standards, resource needs, capacity planning, trends and prepare and manage budgets for their area.
* This role needs to effectively partner with peers spanning all aspects of release, quality and ongoing operations to drive best-in-class results and to ensure continuously improving quality and value of the system delivery components.
* The Manager will build and maintain high-performance teams by driving development and growth of current and future leadership talent, providing clear expectations and direction and will promote the development of team members by collaborating with them on development plans and provide assignments to effectively challenge their growth to the next levels while continually enhancing technical skills.
Minimum Education Requirements
Bachelors Degree Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Masters Degree Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Sciences, Business Administration or Healthcare Administration.
Minimum Knowledge/Skills Requirements
Advanced Knowledge of managing the systems development life-cycle, the use of project management methodologies and project management software tools.
Basic or limited Technical understanding of computer platforms and operating systems. Ability to engage a wide variety of audiences within IT and business areas. Organization, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
Minimum Experience Requirements
10 or more years Information systems experience, including 5 years experience in project management or system management with direct supervision of technical leads and staff.
Other Experience Demonstrated success managing multiple work groups and large, complex projects with cross-platform and cross-application interdependencies.
Minimum License/Certifications Requirements
Group Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
J2W code: MGMT