Manager, Inpatient Case Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/27/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is responsible for providing leadership and oversight of the overall clinical and non-clinical operations. Assists Director in establishing, interpreting and implementing new and existing company policies and procedures. The manager is also responsible for the adherence and maintenance of the regulatory agency requirements and for analyzing utilization, performance trends, and quality of health care to ensure timely and cost effective delivery.
* Manages, analyzes and coordinates the daily activities of the unit to ensure departmental goals are met with regards to timeliness, accuracy and consistency of medical decisions.
* Manages and directs staff to ensure overall client satisfaction and appropriate level of service delivery.
* Recognizes and identifies opportunities to improve the quality of care/services and initiates steps and activities to advance outcomes.
* Represents department on various Plan Task Forces/Committees.
* Develops and implements policies, procedures, and ad hoc reports.
* Maintains and monitors the departmental budget to ensure administrative costs are managed. Identifies and implements business process improvements to identify efficiencies and cost savings opportunities.
* Interfaces with other teams and plan areas to assure consistent application of policies and procedures and to facilitate inter-unit/department projects.
* Represents the Plan with external customers, providers and external agencies and represents the unit on corporate issues and/or in the event of Director's absence.
* Creates and champions an atmosphere within the team, which fosters open communication, increase employee engagement, teamwork, ownership, and a collaborative cross-departmental environment to implement, optimize and share continuous improvement processes.
* Manages, directs, and develops staff by providing feedback and coaching. Administers performance and salary reviews for staff. Ensures staff meets all regulatory requirements and comprehends and complies with best practice methodology, professional standards, and internal policies and procedures. Determines departmental budget and conducts ongoing expense management.
* Requires strong knowledge of functional tasks performed within department.
* Requires knowledge in the principles of risk management and quality assurance.
* Requires knowledge of NCQA standards.
* Requires knowledge of State Mandates and Regulations.
* Requires knowledge of regulatory bodies and their processes.
* Prefer knowledge of Plan products, applications, policies, procedures and systems.
Skills and Abilities:
* Requires excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Requires excellent presentation skills.
* Requires comprehensive leadership and decision-making skills.
* Requires strong analytical, problem solving, and critical analysis skills to report findings in a complete, succinct and accurate manner.
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment including MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook; should be knowledgeable in the use of intranet and internet applications.
* Requires a bachelor's degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university in a health related field.
* Requires minimum of five (5) years experience in a healthcare-related field.
* Requires minimum of five (5) years broad clinical experience.
* Requires minimum of three (3) years direct supervisory experience or demonstrated supervisory experience leading teams in a matrix management environment.
* Prefers professional certification in a clinical specialty as appropriate to the business unit.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Requires active, unrestricted NJ Registered Nurse license to practice.
Travel % (If Applicable):
* Travel required to other Horizon offices, provider locations and/or for oversight of remotely located workforce members in accordance with Company needs.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.