Manager, Internal Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Purpose: Manage, oversee and conduct internal audits, including execution of strategic, financial, operational, compliance and IT risk based audits. Stay abreast of emerging risks and ensure innovative audit techniques are built into audit scope design, audit plans, staff allocation and logistics coordination.
* Design, perform and manage risk-based audits, including strategic, financial, operational, compliance and IT audits
* Evaluating controls and processes for scalability, effectiveness, efficiency and risk mitigation strategies
* Work with Subject Matter Experts on design of recommendations, appropriate controls and operational efficiency/effectiveness and make recommendations for improvements
* Manage audit planning, including risk assessment, scope development, review and refinement of audit work programs and staff assignments/logistics
* Perform and provide oversight of consulting engagements, including projects requested by management, value
* added projects and analysis/review of key areas
* Develop draft executive audit reports that summarize audit findings and recommendations to be distributed to senior management
* Monitor and report on the status of historical audit findings
* Work with Enterprise Risk Management teams to assist in performing continuous risk assessment and aligning with the audit schedule
* Serve as a contact for corporate, field, and external auditors regarding auditing and fraud matters or projects. Assist in coordinating audits/projects with external professionals/specialists
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or business related field. 5+ years of public accounting, internal audit, or related operational experience.
Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Previous experience as a lead in a functional area, managing cross functional teams on large scale projects or supervisory experience including hiring, training, assigning work and managing the performance of staff.
Healthcare or Insurance experience
License/Certification: CPA, CIA and CISA preferred.