Manager, Investigator Payment Administration (United States)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Directs, manages and controls tracking, releasing and reporting on investigator payments in assigned region. Manages and challenges department members to expand their career skills and work closely with project teams and Accounts Receivable to ensure adequate funding for investigator payments. Assists senior management in the development, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of Investigator Payment Administration processes and systems. Represents Investigator Payment Administration at customer meetings and leads internal team meetings.
* Manages a team of Investigator Payment Specialists. Line management responsibilities including professional development, performance appraisals, and employee counseling for staff. Assigns project work and reviews workload for all direct reports. Manages staff by establishing goals that will increase knowledge and skill level, and by delegating tasks commensurate with skill level.
* Provides leadership and direction for team in support of the overall goals and objectives of the Investigator Payment department and Company. Implements overall department strategies as defined by Director, Investigator Payment Administration and other leadership.
* Ensures that the team is tracking investigator payments, releasing payments when authorized, and working with global A/R to bill sponsors for deposits on a timely basis.
* Provides guidance to team members on how to review and understand sponsor contracts and site contracts. Ensure sponsor reporting is provided in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ensures project trackers are updated weekly to reflect correct balances of customer investigator payment cash deposits on hand and that they are available and provided to Company or sponsor team members as needed. Reviews Accounting master tracker balances to confirm agreement with investigator payment records. Assists with tracking unbilled balances.
* Assists with customer audits of investigator payment deposits and payments and ensures prompt and accurate completion of investigator payment staff assigned audit activities. Supports project close out process to ensure investigator payment balances are accurate and provided timely.
* Assists with management of the systems used for investigator payment tracking; acts as administrator for Impact and other systems. Identifies when additional training is needed for project teams and investigator payment staff on systems used within the company. Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of systems, and may supervise certain activities during systems implementation. Identifies necessary modifications to existing systems based on input from project team leaders and investigator payment staff and drives to resolution. Provides input for long term IT plans.
* Leads Investigator Payment Administration projects that impact customer deliverables or provide efficiencies to the team.
* Assists with developing appropriate metrics on investigator payment productivity. Reviews metrics and process reporting regularly to determine if there are issues that require attention, and alerts senior management to potential issues while ensuring necessary corrective action is taken.
* Anticipates risks to project and departmental deliverables and creates and implements remedial action plans as needed, focusing on budget, deposit availability, payment schedules, and risk analysis of active projects within Investigator Payment Administration.
* Identifies best practices, investigates root causes of fundamental issues and problems for projects, and recommends solutions. Recognizes and develops opportunities for continuous process improvement within Investigator Payment Administration which lead to greater efficiencies or competitive advantages over other companies.
* Facilitates positive relationships with other departments and participates in cross-functional teams
Performs other work-related duties as assigned. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent combination of education plus moderate, progressive financial experience preferable within a CRO or service industry. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills with direct supervisor/management experience. Demonstrated experience with legal and contracting parameters preferred. Experience in a contract research organization or the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including intermediate excel skills. Effective presentation, negotiation, documentation, as well as strong team-orientation and interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Must be customer focused and able to manage challenging priorities and remain flexible and adaptable in stressful situations.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.