Manager , Litigation Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Saint Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONSchedule: Full-time
Job ID: REQ20003895
The Litigation Services Manager is part of the Legal & Compliance Team supporting activity related to commercial litigation, government investigations, labor and employment. Specifically, this individual will partner with internal counsel and oversee various facets involved in supporting a case and execute the litigation discovery processes; including but not limited to: facilitating document collection, matter management and tracking, conducting custodian interviews and trial support.
* Help maintain litigation support databases and/or tracking mechanisms according to case needs
* Organizes, coordinates, and tracks document processing, review, and production for litigation cases in accordance with the Express Scripts Discovery Playbook (training and guidance provided upon onboarding)
* Serve as a primary liaison between in-house legal counsel, cross-functional business partners (including information technology security departments), and external vendors in the process of litigation support and discovery
* Partner with internal counsel and assist in defining document collection scope
* Distribute litigation hold notices to custodians as directed by counsel; including tracking and required follow-ups
* Communicate regular progress reports to counsel and / or management
* Respond to third-party subpoena requests as assigned
* Special projects or additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in relevant discipline or relevant experience
* 5-8 years relevant experience or Master s degree with 3-5 years relevant experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Experience working in a capacity supporting a Legal department or law firm is a plus but not required
* Familiarity with collecting or facilitating the collection of structured and/or unstructured data within ESI is a plus but not required
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amount of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
* An ownership mentality, exceptional follow-through skills, flexibility in embracing frequent change in all forms
* Demonstrated initiative, independent thinker, and worker
* Able to work under tight deadlines, carry out multiple related activities simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
* Must be team-oriented and able to share information, identify opportunities and make justifiable recommendations
* Ability to work with confidential information
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Legal manages all legal and regulatory compliance matters impacting business operations. Our teams of attorneys and paralegals have different areas of responsibility, including contract generation, negotiation and procurement.
Legal s primary areas of responsibility include overseeing contracting activities and licensing, providing legal advice, ensuring corporate compliance, managing litigation activity, ensuring SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity. Legal also drives the company s public affairs efforts at both the federal and state levels.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Express Scripts is an EOE
Express Scripts is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era, pregnancy, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship or membership in any other legally protected class. None of the questions in this application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected characteristics.Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation and, depending on position requirements, a Department of Defense background investigation. AA/EOE.