Manager Local Network Planning & Capacity
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONManages and motivates a planning team for Local Planning. The team managed is responsible for achieving congestion and build out objectives in and for all network architectures for CenturyLink including Office Planning, OSP/Access, IOF/Transport, and Core/Data. The team managed is responsible for the identification, justification, design, development, and definition of the plans for the implementation of new network requirements or modification of existing facilities to meet new or increased service demands and to improve operating efficiencies. This person must be comfortable creating business case justifications to support required build plans.
The team performs network planning designs for new and/or additions to telecommunications systems in various architecture schemes which may also require mathematical calculations. An understanding of transmission parameters, equipment transfers, modulation schemes, multiplex schemes and switching functions is required. This position will be required to lead by collaboration and to make sound decisions that strategically move the team to meet corporate objectives of migrating the network toward an Ethernet-centric network that is application agnostic, driving fiber closer to customers, expanding the broadband footprint, improving speeds and reliability.
Manager is also responsible for organizational talent development through empowerment, driving a "culture of learning", actively leading employee's development through performance based management, and acting as a coach and mentor for the team. Manager will facilitate change by challenging existing processes and driving continuous improvement, supporting new systems and product implementations, and establishing/maintaining relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operations of the department.
* Minimum 8 years Telecommunication experience in Engineering, Network Planning, or Related Fields.
* Bachelors Degree, or equivalent education and experience, or 6+ Years with a Masters Degree.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel.
* Capability of understanding and communicating complex technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
* Must be able to delegate and track work within a multi functional team.
* Ability to manage last minute requests and tight deadlines.
* Ability to build relationships and partner across multiple organizations.
* Ability to manage a capital budget.
* Ability to grab on to and enable a culture of accountability (See it, Own it, Solve it and Do it!).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE WHICH WOULD ENHANCE THE INCUMBENT\'S SUCCESS IN THE JOB:
* 5-7 Years related experience, and 1+ Year of previous supervisory/leadership experience.
* Understanding of digital switching topologies and architectures.
* Understanding of Core Data Network, to include ATM and Ethernet technologies.
* Understanding of Access and last mile network solutions.
* Understanding of ROADM technologies and functionality.
* Previous National Network or Local Network Planning experience
* Experience or working knowledge of software defined networks (SDN) or network function virtualization (NFV).
* Familiarity with technologies and network topologies for the delivery market leading IP customer solutions.