Manager, M&A Due Diligence Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKPMG clients know our insights and guidance will help them to better understand market dynamics and address the many challenges they face. Improving business performance, turning risk and compliance efforts into opportunities, and creating, enhancing and preserving value are at the core of what we do. Our professionals work with many of the world's leading organizations enabling them to innovate and expand, leverage IT investments, protect financial assets, manage risk, develop winning strategies and boost market confidence. They can count on our relentless execution to help get the job done right. We are currently seeking a Manager for KPMG Strategy to join us in our Chicago office.
- Serve as a key advisor to corporate and private equity clients, focusing on the delivery of commercial/strategic due diligence services
- Serve as the day-to-day leader on the project team, managing individual teams of 2-6 consultants on each engagement and developing and delivering key analytical outputs
- Work closely with the engagement Director and/or Partner/Managing Director to help build relationships with clients
- Work across B2B and B2C industries, including industrials, services, healthcare, consumer goods, retail, energy, technology and telecom, and financial services
- Participate in the professional development of KPMG Strategy team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
- Six years of external consulting experience in M&A in a client-facing strategy discipline at a major strategy, boutique strategy, Big 4 consulting firm; experience at a private equity fund with a specialization in M&A and commercial due diligence a plus; or a combination of eight years of work experience between a strategy consulting discipline in M&A and commercial due diligence, and a high-impact corporate development role within a Fortune 100 company
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field; Master's degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Significant experience helping corporations and/or private equity firms conduct thorough analysis of potential acquisition targets, including assessing the market landscape (structure, size and profitability, drivers of performance, trends, outlook), the target's competitive position (competitive landscape, target's relative financial performance, target's relative offer position), and the viability of the target's revenue and profit forecast and client's investment thesis
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance and organizational design
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid client situations and ability to work in a fast-paced deal environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls or agencies please.
One Firm. One Team. Countless Opportunities.
KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace.
KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). .