Manager, M&A Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our KPMG Strategy practice.
- Serve as a key advisor to corporate and private equity clients, focusing on the delivery of commercial/strategic due diligence services
- Serve as the day-to-day leader on the project team, managing individual teams of 2-6 consultants on each engagement and developing and delivering key analytical outputs
- Work closely with the engagement Director and/or Partner/Managing Director to help build relationships with clients
- Work across B2B and B2C industries, including industrials, services, healthcare, consumer goods, retail, energy, technology and telecom, and financial services
- Participate in the professional development of KPMG Strategy team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
- Six years of external consulting experience in M&A in a client-facing strategy discipline at a major strategy, boutique strategy, Big 4 consulting firm; experience at a private equity fund with a specialization in M&A and commercial due diligence a plus; or a combination of eight years of work experience between a strategy consulting discipline in M&A and commercial due diligence, and a high-impact corporate development role within a Fortune 100 company
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field; Master's degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
- Significant experience helping corporations and/or private equity firms conduct thorough analysis of potential acquisition targets, including assessing the market landscape (structure, size and profitability, drivers of performance, trends, outlook), the target's competitive position (competitive landscape, target's relative financial performance, target's relative offer position), and the viability of the target's revenue and profit forecast and client's investment thesis
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how business model decisions impact operating model design/execution across operations, technology, risk governance and organizational design
- Comfort with ambiguity and fluid client situations and ability to work in a fast-paced deal environment
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .