Manager, MBU Reporting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is the business owner of the MBU Datamart and directs a team in the creation of reporting that supports the MBU Forecasting and Broker Commission departments. The analysis functions are very broad in nature and require the creation of new reporting, verification of the accuracy of standard reporting and turning Horizon s data into business knowledge.
* Develop and maintain analytic reports for various uses in the areas of MBU Forecasting, Broker Commission Administration, Actuarial, FP&A etc. using the MBU DataMart as a main source. Maintain the operation of the system and troubleshoot any issues.
* Devise strategies for producing deliverables from information stored in the MBU Datamart and other sources, selecting and utilizing the most appropriate analytic tool (primarily SAS), as well as to build process efficiencies.
* Meet with the Sales Operations team managers and various other internal customers to review business requirements and define parameters for the required reporting in a consultative manner making proactive suggestions.
* Determine or agree upon deliverables with customer, as well as determining the resources necessary to meet those deliverables. Assess and determine methodology and resources necessary (time, headcount, external resources) for new and existing requests. Ensure data is accurate and meets customer needs.
* Accountable for maintaining effective internal controls over the processes under areas of responsibility including the completeness and accuracy of financial information and transactions, compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
* Create and maintain comprehensive documentation of methods, processes and programs. Seek and implement opportunities to improve work flows and processes.
* Manage, develop and train staff; develop and monitor goals; conduct annual performance reviews, and administers salaries for the staff. Ensures staff meets all regulatory requirements and comprehends and complies with best practices, professional standards, internal policies and procedures.
* Requires Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Finance field.
* Requires a minimum of 5- 7 years of experience in data reporting or analytics role or relevant field.
Additional licensing, certifications, registrations:
* Prefer strong knowledge of SAS and SQL systems.
* Requires health care knowledge along with some area of subject matter expertise.
* Requires awareness of interdependencies between departments within Horizon.
* Requires wide-ranging advanced knowledge of skills as well as relevant theories.
* Must have emerging knowledge and interest in planning, organizing, leading and controlling as a manager.
Skills and Abilities:
* Prefer strong database management skills and understanding of interdependencies among data sources with SAS and SQL software.
* Requires proficiency in the use of personal computers and supporting software in a Windows based environment, including MS Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook. Prefers knowledge in the use of intranet and internet applications.
* Requires excellent analytical thinking ability.
* Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Requires excellent customer-oriented attitude and willingness to meet customer needs.
* Requires solid negotiation skills on project content and deliverables.
Travel % (If Applicable):
The information above is intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by each incumbent assigned to this position. This job description is not designed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of each incumbent.
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.
Sales / Account Management