This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager who will be responsible for providing direction, coordination and support for the daily execution of the maintenance department's operating plan with the primary objective of maintaining the Plant's equipment and facilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Champion the Plant's High Performance maintenance Plan.
Develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of technicians to meet the plant's needs, to include providing regular performance feedback.
Develop and maintain a sustainable system (work flow) that identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being completed.
Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes the plant's Equipment, and develops and updates Failure Defense Plans.
Coordinate with production and others on new products and upgrades.
Support and drive Process Improvement, Employee Involvement, and Safety.
Supervise internal and external personnel to insure maintenance is performed correctly and in a timely manner.
Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve plant production, reduce downtime, prevent repeat failures and/or increase the time between scheduled preventative maintenance.
Complete administrative tasks such as budgeting and reporting.
Develop and implement Maintenance department procedures.
Oversee and manage maintenance teammates.
Inspect the plant's electrical and hydraulic systems for functionality.
Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities.
Monitor equipment inventory and place orders as necessary.
Monitor and control the Maintenance budget.
Manage relationships with plant contractors.
Maintain Maintenance log.
Ensure Maintenance department compliance with health and safety regulations.
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree (preferably Engineering or other technical field), or combination of education and equivalent experience.
* 2-5 years of supervisor / management level experience and 5-7 years' exempt level experience working in a maintenance department.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the U..S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status
* Experience in manufacturing, especially roofing, is preferred.
* Must possess:
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work as a team player.
* The ideal candidate would have demonstrated experience with the following:
* Allen Bradley Drives and PLC's
* PLC Programming
* Control Loops
* Sensors (temperature, pressure, proximity, limit, laser)
* Wonderware SCADA Interface
* Electric Motors
* 480, Three Phase Power
* Wiring Diagrams
* Fluid Pumps and Pump Curves
* Laser Alignment
* Vibration Analysis
* Natural Gas Burners
* Variable Frequency Drives
* Health and Safety Regulations including Arc Flash
* Reliability and PDM Practices
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
No Search firms please.