Manager, Maintenance Turnaround
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Buckeye Partners L.P.
Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE SUMMARY:
The Maintenance Turnaround Manager manages site and contract personnel in planning and executing medium to high complexity turnarounds with the objectives of ensuring personnel safety, environmental compliance, managing costs and execution duration such that the operating unit is restored or upgraded in mechanical integrity and process efficiency.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
* Provide visible leadership to drive excellence in safety performance.
* Work with site leadership to develop a Turnaround Plan defining goals and strategies and gain endorsement by the turnaround steering team.
* Develop turnaround cost estimates, funding requests and manage costs within budget.
* Manage the preparation and execution of a fully integrated turnaround, including coordination with E&CS Projects Team, to achieve the goals defined in the Turnaround Plan including goals for safety, environmental, cost, quality and schedule.
* Staff and manage the Turnaround team to enable successful event execution. This includes integration of site, contract and other company personnel.
* Ensure coordination and alignment of turnaround deliverables between stakeholders. This includes Company and Site Leadership, Operations, Projects, Contractors, and Maintenance.
* Removes obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful execution of the turnaround
* Proactively communicate turnaround status and issues to site and corporate management, and refinery / plant personnel.
* Ensures the turnarounds are executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations
* Ensure final report and all close out activities are completed.
* And other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: BS degree in Engineering or similar discipline preferred
* EXPERIENCE: 15+ years experience in refinery maintenance, reliability or turnarounds.
* EXPERIENCE: 5+ years leadership/supervisory experience is preferred.
Thorough Knowledge of process industry equipment (exchangers, vessels, drums, heaters).
Thorough Knowledge of process industry materials (piping, valves, and fittings).
Ability to see trends in data and making quick and correct decisions to keep Turnaround Plan on track
Experience in tracking and controlling costs and managing budgets
Knowledge of HSE management systems
Knowledge of contracting and procurement processes preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Travel Requirements: 10%.
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND ABILITIES:
Proven communication, leadership, mentoring and influencing skills
Strong project management and planning skills
Ability to work across several departments in order to coordinate with other disciplines.
Capable of working effectively in a team environment and building consensus
Effective organizational skills.
* Strong safety focus and results orientation
This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
PHYSICAL & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
This person must meet medical criteria established by OSHA for emergency response.
Position may require exposure to adverse weather conditions, hazardous environments and require the physical stamina to climb tanks, work long hours in the field and wear a respirator.
Ability to climb tanks, ladders, etc.
Ability to work around water.
Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
Ability to stand/sit for extended period of time.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.