ConAgra Foods - Warden, WAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- ConAgra Foods ConAgra Foods
- Warden, WA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- High School Diploma or GED
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Provides leadership and direction to plant maintenance department responsible for repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in manufacturing operations. Responsible to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life in coordination with daily maintenance completed by operating personnel. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation to ensure continuous production operations. Creates and manages the maintenance and stores budgets. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. SCOPE: Medium-sized plant or reports through Plant Engineering. 5 years related experience.
* Execute plant-specific vision and mission to assure continuous improvement and alignment with the corporate vision.
* Ensure that all manufacturing / facility systems are properly resourced and that all resources are efficiently utilized.
* Direct maintenance supervisors and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
* Provide technical support for efficient troubleshooting / problem solving activities and maintenance repair to maximize efficiencies and limit downtime.
* Continuously apply sound mechanical and electrical solutions to resolve hindrances to plant efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement.
* Provide leadership in implementing / maintaining preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
* Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
* Ensure that appropriate inventory levels for standard replacement parts are maintained.
* Manage the buildings and grounds such that good manufacturing practices (GMP) are adhered to and a professional appearance is maintained.
* Perform follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime / inefficient operational issues.
* Schedule mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications and appropriate authorities.
* Ensure environmental compliance.
* Drive employee engagement, training, and development to maximize manufacturing, quality, safety, and productivity goal attainment.
* Effectively communicate results and action plans to appropriate employees and managers.
* Collaborate directly with human resources to insure employee issues or concerns are correctly addressed and resolved.
* Collaborate with finance to create and execute a maintenance and capital budget to insure that financial allocations and obligations are set, administered and met.
* Initiate cost savings measures.
* Ensure all plant maintenance operations are conducted in a safe and controlled environment.
* Ensure all quality and regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded.
* 5-10 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment or similar experience
* 3-5 years Supervisory / Management experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field of study
* Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
* Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software
* Basic mathematical and statistical skills
* Basic financial skills and understanding
* Food industry and experience in a union / union free environment preferred
* Key Leadership Competencies in addition to Ethics / Values and Integrity / Trust, (Action Oriented, Directing Others, Priority Setti