Manager, Major Accounts
Sears, Roebuck and Co. - Hoffman Estates, IL
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
The Major Account Manager is a senior business relationship/account management position with a focus on increasing long term profitable business through identified strategic customers of Sears Home Services. The Major Account Manager is accountable for managing internal Retail Accounts while driving profitable growth for those businesses through innovation and business efficiency. This role involves working with Senior Management (SVP and above) and various internal stakeholders on a regular basis. This position is also responsible for seeking out and developing relationships/opportunities with new and existing clients. The ideal candidate has been involved in sales assignments with a business-to-business model with a strong emphasis on building relationships and achieving goals in a competitive environment.
* Sets the strategic direction within the key accounts which includes: enhancing core customer relationships, negotiating
contracts, match customer needs with core competencies, manage related projects, and coordinating internal strategies.
* Establishes and manages business relationships with internal and external retail Clients to increase revenue.
* Identifies gathers and acts on market opportunities.
* Works with business executives and leaders to develop cross selling opportunities and build awareness of
* Negotiates service contracts on behalf of Sears Home Services
* Develops and institutionalizes a consistent and effective approach to new client implementation.
* Provides plan to support new and existing client needs.
* Serves as the primary contact to customers on behalf of the Company.
* Develops, implements, and analyzes marketing strategies for maximum effectiveness.
* Performs financial analysis of new ventures.
* Leads cross functional teams to identify, test, and roll out new product categories to drive profitable revenue growth
through new channels.
* Anticipates competitive services and distinguish them from competitor's services.
* Leads cross functional teams to solve a range of business problems that can arise including working through complex
organization operational areas.
* 25-30% travel required
* 5 years experience in sales and/or sales management, major account management, marketing and project management
* Strong financial acumen required
* Sales and/or sales management, major account management, marketing, and project management experience preferred.