Manager, Marketing Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
Hoffman Estates, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY At Sears Holdings we consider ourselves leaders in digital marketing. As a top 10 Internet retailer, we have been first movers in game-changing innovations including buy online pick up in-store and in vehicle pickup. Today, we are leading the transformation to integrated retail, aligning customer experiences across store, home and online, a strategy that Sears Holdings can execute at scale. As an organization focused on keeping our members first no channel is more important to our business strategy and transformation than email. As the most real-time, personalized and profitable channel within our marketing mix, email is the cornerstone of our one to one marketing communication strategy.
This Marketing Manager will be responsible for end-to-end execution of email marketing campaigns caring for the planning, production, and performance optimization. This role will be required to collaborate with business partners to rapidly develop strategy and execute email campaigns in response to emerging market conditions. SHC has developed sophisticated systems that provide huge amounts of members and business performance data in real time. This marketing manager will leverage this insight to deliver email campaigns that positively impact channel performance in a near real time environment.
Note: Marketing campaigns include promotional, triggered, and all recurring campaigns with a strong influence on transactional email communications.
* Build customer-focused, dynamic email campaigns with an emphasis on delivering relevant, high-performing communications optimizing for engagement and conversion
* Lead the strategy, execution, optimization and measurement of Loyalty Member email communications throughout the Member's lifecycle
* Build complex campaign plans focusing on critical email leading indicators (open, click, unsubscribe) and lagging indicators (conversion, AOV and revenue per email)
* Lead the transition towards incremental marketing analysis and fractional attribution as the program moves away from 'traditional' digital KPI's towards more insightful metrics for performance assessment
* Develops and executes successful and timely email marketing programs working with internal SYW, OBU and business unit partners
* Coordinates rapid execution of campaigns with internal resources and external agencies
* Focuses members and customers using segmentation and data
* Focuses on real-time program executions, delivering business impact through the email channel in days
* Analyzes YOY performance data and forecasts to identify opportunities to support channel revenue growth
* Performs detailed analyses across programs, campaigns, and segments and make actionable recommendations for improvement
* Coordinates and provides reporting to all stakeholders and C-Level management
* Develop presentations for senior leadership
* Integrates new digital capabilities working with internal partners and external agencies
* Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or merchandising is required plus considerable training and experience in marketing
* Working knowledge of standardized desktop technology tools in addition to an aptitude to adopting SHC-specific technology solutions
* 5+ years agency or internal client services in a retail-driven environment
* Account management, conflict resolution; group dynamics and/or leadership development training
* Ability to communicate effectively with customers, both verbally and written.
* Ability to analyze customer needs accurately.
* Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
* Ability to handle detailed work on multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Team player
* Project Management - organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects through to tactical execution
* Prior experience managing cross-functional relationships
* Initiative to identify and act on matters without waiting for direction
* Accountability for meeting deadlines while producing high quality work
* Analytic thinking skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of marketing or promotional planning processes and marketing operations