Manager, Marketing Research & Insights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONShift : Shift:
MANAGER, MARKETING RESEARCH & INSIGHTS
TrueBlue, Inc. (TBI) is the talent solution for the changing world of work. We connect over 840,000 people with work every year. Here in the great Pacific Northwest we wake-up every day knowing that we change lives for the better. We are looking for an inspired marketing research and insights leader to build our practice. We understand the power of research and insights, it s a priority here at TrueBlue. However, taking it to the next level will require a talented, passionate consensus builder. The Manager, Marketing Research & Insights (MRI) will help chart a path for this strong, growing organization s future success.
We are looking for a top performing, inspiring research-leader. You will lead all marketing research initiatives and programs. You will communicate concise, actionable insights. You will be a coach, a strategist, a dreamer, a doer and a partner. You will interface with an international team of smart, passionate colleagues. You will align with a strong executive business strategy and build consensus for powerful insight solutions to grow our key metrics. It will be challenging, fast paced, and fulfilling.
Example areas of influence and ownership are customer insights, associate insights, market positioning, brand positioning, service recovery, win-loss analysis, segmentation, brand performance, internal staff metrics, constituent profiles, competitive landscape, digital insights, advertising effectiveness, social / NPS listening and tracking and more. This key leadership position will be based at our HQ in Tacoma, WA, and will report to the SVP, Marketing.
TrueBlue, Inc. is the nation's leading provider of industrial staffing and outsourced workforce solutions. We are growing! With annual sales of $2.5B, the company provides work opportunities through specialized staffing brands such as Labor Ready, Spartan and CLP (PeopleReady); workforce management brands such as Staff Management, PlaneTechs and Centerline; and recruiting solutions brands such as PeopleScout and hrX.
What we do at TrueBlue is simple, we connect people and work.
Marketing Research Strategy
* Work closely with marketing leadership to build a MRI strategy that aligns with TBI corporate strategy.
* Make TBI the most data-insights informed organization in the staffing industry.
* Establish a vision and communicate the vision for MRI to the broader organization. Role, value, process, etc.
* Create a roadmap of MRI activity. Build consensus for that roadmap. Own the execution of that roadmap.
* Be the lead interface with the TBI field organization: collaborate on planning, communicate insights, discuss insights, act on input and evolve the practice.
* Be the single point of accountability for MRI at TrueBlue.
* Interface and coordinate with other key departments that are involved in our data and insights practice.
* Be the MRI advocate at TBI educate and motivate related to how it drives the business.
* Leverage MRI to track key strategic metrics that drive top-line business objectives.
* Interface with all related 3rd party providers be the single point of contact for them.
* Provide soft and financial metrics to marketing leadership to track marketing s contribution to the business.
* Keep TBI and SVP apprised of relative sophistication of efforts as compared to: best practice, competition, etc. Know the competition s MRI efforts and keep us ahead of them.
Manage & Develop
* Define the ideal MRI team structure to take TBI into a leadership position in the Staffing Solutions space.
* Build a strong, effective MRI team and process.
* Hire, grow and lead talent.
* Provide vision for MRI efforts and connect back to team s day-to-day work.
* Lead all MRI efforts.
* Own the planning, the implementation, and the interpretation of all marketing research.
* Own the communication of all MRI insights to the broader organization.
* Lead marketing teams through MRI implementation via briefs, reviews, feedback and direction.
* Build objectives and KPIs for all MRI efforts and report out results.
* Act as lead contact for 3rd party MRI partners.
* Own all MRI related projects and efforts.
* Coordinate all activity with corporate stakeholders, sales leaders, operations teams and field leaders.
* Own and track all MRI budgets.
Integration with Business Intelligence
* Own implementation and tracking of all collaborative efforts with the BI department.
* Lead for MRI BI integrated projects.
* Develop strong working relationship to BI team.
* Recommend ways-of-working and integration methods to SVP.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing or a related area; advance degree a plus.
* 8+ years experience with growing responsibility in a marketing research and insights leadership role for a progressive organization.
* Comfortable building momentum from the ground up.
* History building and leading high performance MRI teams.
* Experience developing and implementing strategic plans plan at an enterprise level.
* Proven track record of growing businesses.
* History of highly successful partnership with internal teams.
* Experience leading 3rd party and agency relationships.
* Experience with multiple, complex efforts in parallel.
* B2B and B2C experience, essential.
* Working knowledge of the staffing industry a plus.
* Consultative approach to evangelizing MRI best practices .
* Travel up to 20%
COMPUTER and SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
* Expert in all required MRI tools.
* Fluency in Microsoft Office product suite; and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
* Understanding of remote access enablement for MRI field work.
* Knowledge of digital/web environment tools.
TrueBlue employees 6000 professionals and provides a competitive compensation package, including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Program; Tuition Reimbursement; College Savings Fund; and comprehensive Health Insurance coverage.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed client expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer recognize by Forbes as one of the country s Most Trustworthy Companies .
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.