Manager, Meetings and Programs - NYS Partnership for Patients
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
Healthcare Association of New York State
The Healthcare Association of New York State (HANYS) is seeking a Manager, Meetings and Programs. Reporting to the Senior Director, Healthcare Education and Research Fund (HERF), the manager coordinates educational programs, meetings and events both onsite and virtually for HANYS’ New York State Partnership for Patients contract. The NYSPFP is a public-private partnership that offers programs, education and technical assistance to NYS hospitals to make patient care safer. This would be the organization’s fourth consecutive contract and is anticipated to last another three years. This full-time position is pending CMS contract approval.
• Manages planning, implementation and execution of meeting and event activities within this large-scale project, including the registration process and meeting and logistics planning for educational programs offered in-person and virtually;
• Serves as primary project coordinator between and among HERF, other divisions, and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong degree of professionalism with advanced skills in communication and detail-management, the ability to perform effectively with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and the ability to make substantive contributions to division and organizational excellence.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or Associate’s degree with a minimum of five years related experience
• 2 years related meeting and event planning experience
• Proven track record in administering web-based management, registration and/or learning management systems
• Experience utilizing software platforms such as Adobe Connect, Adobe Presenter, Adobe Captivate and/ or Webex
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in an organized and efficient manner
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• High degree of professionalism, poise, tact and attention to detail
• Adept at working with multiple computer systems, including setting up various data parameters and price lists, running queries, using report writers and ensuring data integrity
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work independently or as part of a team
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles and experience reconciling detailed transactions to supporting documents and reports, batch processing of transactions, and cash receipts processing
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Knowledgeable of the project life cycle and key components of project work is preferred
• HTML writing experience a plus
• Some limited overnight travel is required
We offer the opportunity to work at a Capital Region Top Employer* with a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Qualified candidates may send a resume and salary history/requirements in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or:
Human Resources, Healthcare Association of New York State, One Empire Drive, Rensselaer, NY 12144
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation.
*As designated by the Times Union’s Top Workplaces program and employee survey since 2012.
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance