Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe fastest growing Big Four professional services firm in the U.S., KPMG is known for being a great place to work and build a career. We provide audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager to join our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
- Advise clients on a full spectrum of corporate tax services including planning, research, and other mergers and acquisitions activities
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on delivering due diligence and tax structuring services and communicates findings and opportunities to clients
- Work with and assist other senior members of the M&A Tax practice with various technical tax issues dealing with consolidated returns, S Corps, partnerships, LLCs, and LLPs
- Assist clients with current issues which may include bankruptcy emergence planning, out of court workouts, debt restructurings, tax basis, Earning and Profits, and Section 382 studies
- Develop, motivate, and train staff level team members
- Five years of federal tax and/or mergers and acquisition experience in a public accounting firm, a corporate tax department, or a law firm
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university
- Licensed CPA or J.D./ LL.M. or Enrolled Agent (Please note that any candidate hired by KPMG into this position that doesn't currently possess one of the aforementioned credentials/designations will be required to secure one within one year from the commencement of employment)
- Knowledge of a broad range of corporate tax matters in various industries
- Ability to handle multiple engagements and client service teams
- Excellent research and writing skills
KPMG offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG, an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please. .