Manager, Messaging Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Full Time
Job title: Manager, Messaging Engineering
Location: Andover, MA
Who We Are:
NaviSite, Inc., a Time Warner Cable Company, is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class, cloud services, managed applications and managed hosting solutions. NaviSite provides a full suite of reliable and scalable solutions for organizations looking to outsource IT infrastructures and lower their capital and operational costs. Enterprise customers depend on NaviSite for customized solutions, delivered through a global footprint of state-of-the-art data centers. For more information, please visit http://www.navisite.com.
NaviSite, Inc. is looking for an individual experienced in the management of diverse technical resources in a fast paced, highly technical environment. This person must be technically skilled in nature and must fully understand the workings of the Microsoft Exchange, Lync and O365 architectures and supporting applications. Candidate should have experience building, deploying, transitioning and maintaining Microsoft Exchange and O365 environments, and will have primary responsibility for the management of technical staff who perform technical design and implementations of live customer environments.
This position will perform duties under the terms of a contract directly or indirectly with a branch of the U.S. government. US Citizenship is required.
Candidate will handle escalated issues and will be required to handle technical issues personally in some cases. They will coordinate the development and execution of technical objectives with the Client Care, Hardware, Networking, and Data Center / Service Center Operations teams.
What you will do as the Manager, Messaging Engineering:
The individual will have specific accountability for the management of the Enterprise Exchange implementation delivery. This includes:
* Lead day-to-day implementations of the Microsoft Exchange, O365, Lync and including customer assignments, technical support, and issue resolution.
* Manage the fulltime Engineers ensuring that they continuously improve the fulfillment of all aspects of service delivery and keep pace with changing technology.
* Consistently drive long term initiatives that automate the fulfillment processes, improve quality and speed product delivery to ensure customer satisfaction remains at high levels.
* Act as a key resource to scope complex customer projects to assess cost/time and ensure that customer expectations are fully met.
* Handoff customer environments with clear documentation and transfer of ownership to Exchange Operations team
* Consultation and design work with Exchange Operations group for scripts / processes / architecture changes proposed for new and existing customers.
* Partner with the Service Management, Project Management and 3rd party teams to ensure project delivery commitments are consistently met and end-to-end fulfillment process is timely and well managed.
* Balance resources with concurrent delivery to meet overall timeline commitments across all projects. Track, document and communicate accurate status and results. Identify barriers to success and develop solutions.
* Review of customer account assignments, evaluate staffing metrics, geographic alignment and service delivery performance to determine and manage to an optimal service delivery staffing plan.
* Nurture a high performance culture, lead and manage accordingly; instill motivation in the team. Mentor staff, assist in hiring, design resource plans, and communicate organizational structure and roles based on the activities and needs of the customer.
* Interact with customers to ensure technical delivery goals and objectives are clear, and ensure that delivery expectations are met.
* Deliver implementations with quality and professionalism, within processes defined
* On-site presence at the customer as required, facilitating relationships and communicating on key issues and customer departments
* Work with Product Management team to design architecture, configuration and implementation processes for all products within scope
* Partner with Project Management team to identify project steps for each new product and customer deployments.
What We Are Looking for in a Manager, Messaging Engineering:
* Manage Messaging and Lync implementation environments for both dedicated and O365 implementations.
* Providing technical support and assisting supporting Messaging resources to troubleshoot and resolve design and implementation issues for customer solutions.
* Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience managing resources in an Messaging environments running legacy and recent versions
* 5-8 years of experience supporting the Microsoft Exchange and Lync infrastructures, understanding of Active directory and networking load balancing topologies across multiple environments, thorough knowledge of BlackBerry and Mobile device management solutions
* Experience with Microsoft s practices for designing and delivering Exchange and Lync architectures in a multi-tenant environment as well as O365.
* Must have experience with O365 Hybrid, ADFS and AD connect
* Strong technical foundation in Microsoft PowerShell and other scripting languages, especially mailbox cmdlets and modifications of email addresses.
* Well versed in performance tuning and troubleshooting efforts.
* Capable of providing technical support and guidance creating new Microsoft Messaging environments and refreshing non-production environments.
* Must have fundamental knowledge of server and networking design and concepts.
* Ability to deal with customers with a range of technical abilities; ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear customer-facing language
* Experience with installing and configuring Active Directory including administration of AD and mail routing concepts.
* Technical background in server management
* Excellent organizational, planning, problem solving and project management skills.
* Strong Visio and Excel skills
* Leadership skills a must!
* Candidate should have a Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or a similar equivalent skill
Additional Experience and Knowledge that will be helpful but not required:
* Experience managing large scale messaging and collaboration projects.
* Deep understanding of all facets of the archiving products, implementation process, and steady-state support
* Capable of providing technical support to create new Microsoft Exchange, Lync environments, O365 and refresh production environments.
* Strong sales support experience with the ability to overview the NaviSite architecture and implementation process to prospective customers
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: NAVIS
Controlling Establishment ID: 00918 - Andover 200 Minuteman Rd
Job Code: TWCIGN660 Mgr, Info Tech Exempt