Manager, North American Benefits 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY QUALIFICATIONS
GREIF (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B) is a 138 year old world leader in industrial packaging products and services. We produce steel, plastic, fibre, flexible and corrugated containers, packaging accessories and container board, and provide blending, filling and packaging services for a wide range of industries. We also manage acreage in the United States. With more than 16,000 employees in 200 operating locations in more than 50 countries, GREIF is positioned to serve global as well as regional customers. If you're looking for a rock-solid global manufacturing company committed to continuous improvement, and one that knows the power of lean, look to GREIF. You'll be part of a team known for its industry-leading talent, unparalleled portfolio and unmatched commitment to customer success. Our culture, founded on the GREIF Way, promotes recognition and rewards collaboration, hard work and commitment. We are continually seeking a diverse mix of talented people. We want people with a passion for working in partnership with customers. We want people with potential who can take GREIF to the next level in packaging excellence.
As a Manager, North American Benefits at GREIF, you will be responsible for design, implementation, maintenance, compliance and updating of all benefits programs in the United States and Canada. Strategically positions Benefits to maximize employment value proposition and the company s investment in benefits offerings. Oversees and ensures accuracy, timeliness and compliance of payroll administration and reporting requirements.
* Serving as project leader, facilitates plan design and redesign activities including but not limited to health/welfare, retirement, insurance and optional benefits.
* Ensure the overall competitive mists of plans offered based on age countries benefit strategies or specific employment market objectives.
* Responsible for North American vendor selection and management to deliver consistently high quality service to employees an efficient purchase of service by the company. May leverage vendor management experience globally.
* Leads a team of professional Benefits and Payroll Administrators to resolve the claim and eligibility issues with vendors and provide an overall good service to employees.
* Plans and implements corporate payroll initiatives while interacting with AON, ADP and other Greif internal departments.
* Reviews and implements process improvements within the payroll department in support of the company s financial objectives.
* Interfaces with payroll, HR, IT, accounting, legal and total rewards to ensure accurate and efficient benefits operations.
* Collects benefit cost and performance data. Performs analyses and recommends plan design initiatives in relation to the company s philosophy on total rewards.
* Responsible for the entry and upkeep of all benefits information in WorkDay per employee and for designing reports to track cost and value.
* Responds quickly to any hindrances to payroll administration presented from the HRIS. Builds interface with Accounting and Finance to enhance payroll administration and facilitate reporting.
* Provides training to North American human resource professionals on benefits administration and communications.
* Ensures all governmental reporting requirements are met as well as all Company reporting requirements.
* Works with corporate communications to establish and implement and overall benefits communication strategy.
* Communicates goals and objectives, applies company policy within the payroll department in support of the company s financial objectives, staffs, trains, coaches, recommends salary increases, administers discipline, insure positive employee relations and reviews the performance of employees.
* Chairs the Retirement Committee meetings.
* Leads benefits open enrollment processes.
* Provide direction for CBA strategies as it relates to company s philosophy on total rewards.
* Ensures the benefit offerings design and implementation enables merger acquisition and investiture activity as flexibly as possible.
* Leads effort to create a global benefits overview and inventory, followed by review for synergies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or Business-related field required
* Master s degree preferred. SPHR, GPHR or CEBS
* Minimum 10 years HR experience, including at least 5 years leading Benefits programs, with the balance of the experience in an HR Generalist role.
* Minimum 3 years supervisory experience preferred.
* Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and analytics, including data presentation.
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer services skills required.
* Experience or knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Must have demonstrated capability to represent the company in vendor negotiations for best outcomes.
* Must be self-driven and have ability to plan and execute assigned projects and tasks.
* Must be able to work with all levels of employees.
* Must be a team player.
* High confidentiality and discretion required.
* Abundant attention to detail required.
* Experience with Workday, PeopleSoft, Oracle HR or similar HRIS or willingness to aggressively learn is essential.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran