This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONExponent is a leading construction, engineering, and scientific consulting firm. Our multidisciplinary team of scientists, engineers, physicians, and regulatory consultants brings together more than 90 different disciplines to solve complicated problems facing corporations, insurers, government entities, associations and individuals. Our approximately 900 staff members work in 26 offices across the United States and abroad. Exponent has over 700 consultants, including more than 425 that have earned a doctorate in their chosen field of specialization.
Exponent's Construction Consulting Practice is seeking a MANAGER for our Oakland, CA office. This person will be involved in projects relating to construction project management oversight, program management of engineering and construction projects, construction claims and contract dispute resolution, litigation services and related construction consulting services.
Qualifications for this position include:
* B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Mechanical Engineering (advanced degree(s) and registration is preferred)
* 8-10 years of experience in project/construction management or construction consulting
* Knowledge of common construction related software including Primavera and Microsoft Office tools
* Experience in contract dispute resolution and construction claims, litigation services and construction consulting services is desired
* Successful business development and client management track record is desired
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to interact effectively with both internal and external clients
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans and Disabled Employer.