- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
The Manager Operations oversees all Flight Operations compliance standards, Operation Specifications and interfaces with regulatory authorities to assist in the development, implementation, and documentation of new standards and procedures while providing the highest degree of safety and efficiency for the airline. The Manager also serves as the Deputy Director of Operations.
* Establishes and maintains relationship with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) and acts as the primary point of contact
* Supports the Director of Operations in providing regulatory expertise and oversight of all applicable regulatory affairs
* Provides cross-functional support and subject matter expertise with regards to operational theaters both domestic and international
* As the Director of Operation s deputy, represent the Director of Operations in their absence
* Oversees the airline s Operations Specifications
* Facilitates resolution of Air Carrier Certificate actions
* Acts as the departmental leader for maintenance of the Air Transport Oversight System (ATOS), Safety Assurance System (SAS) and Safety Management System (SMS)
* Oversee Flight Operations Manual, Information Notices, Coordination of Jeppesen Manuals, and Airport Briefing Guide Coordination and other pertinent manuals as needed
* Liaison to Flight Standards, System Operations, Dispatch, Operations Engineering and Technical Operations
* Resolves Flight Crew Irregularity Reports (FCIR) technical issues in coordination with Fleet Captains
* Manage Required Navigation Program (RNP) and approval process
* Maintain E190 and A320 Flight Management System (FMS) Navigation Databases
* Resolve E190 and A320 navigation and technical matters
* Primary point of contact for Instrument and Visual procedure design
* Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* High School Diploma or General Education (GED) Diploma
* Five (5) years experience with a Part 121air-carrier or Federal Aviation Administration
* Two (2) years leadership experience managing people and programs
* Experienced in managing programs such as FAA/Regulatory Compliance, Operations Specifications, Certificate Actions, Domestic & International Flight Operations, ETOPS, etc.
* Ability to create and deliver various presentations used in reporting to senior leadership
* Program and project management skills with the ability to optimize time management skills required to manage multiple responsibilities at one time
* Knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Web Ops and other relevant software tools.
* Ability to handle confidential information with professionalism and diplomacy
* Available for domestic and international travel (40%)
* Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
* Pass a ten (10) year background check, pre-employment drug test and criminal history records check (when applicable)
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Aviation Management, Business or relevant field
* Certification in Project Management
* Experience with Navigation Database Management
* Experience with Instrument and Visual Procedure design
* Hold an FAA Airman Certificate (ATP, Dispatcher, A&P, etc.)
* Must possess the ability to interact across functional areas while maintaining political sensitivity as either a team leader or team contributor as applicable. Also able to interface with regulatory oversight organizations such as FAA, DOD, OSHA, Etc.
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue s Safety Management System
* Promote JetBlue s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
* Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
* Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
* Uphold JetBlue s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office environment
* Generally, not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.